Naui won’t send replacement card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't carry mine in my wallet*, but I do what I consider to be a viable alternative. I keep all of my C-Cards (and my DAN Insurance card) in a "Passport Folder" in my reg bag. The odds of me going on a dive trip without my reg bag are infinitesimal. (I don't dive locally.) Once I get to my destination, I will secure them with my passport & plane tickets till I head home.

*I do carry a spare AOW card in my wallet though because once I thought I had misplaced my cards and I ordered a replacement AOW card to "get me air" while on a dive trip. (I found my cards about 5 minutes after I had ordered the replacement card but by then, PADI had already charged my credit card and confirmed the order.)
I guess I didn't consider those that live in warm-water challenged areas. In that case it makes pretty good sense to keep it with your passport. You aren't going to travel down to warm water from CA without that passport. I've got friends who live near me in Florida that routinely forget their c-card. I guess it's become a "hot button" issue for me after multiple incidents.

As an inactive NAUI instructor I want to state that the customer service at NAUI headquarters was not always up to par. I called many times and there was one or 2 CSRs in membership that were kind of rude and not helpful. Hope those individuals are not at NAUI now or if they are have been retrained to be more customer friendly. Specifically when I would be calling with questions or placing orders, the individuals acted as if they did not want to be bothered. It always turned me off.

Is there a phone number for NAUI? I’m not seeing one on Core.

Back
Top Bottom