NAUI ? : stops done "at a stop"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With NAUI AOW fresh in my mind a point was made of hovering at the safety stop. The objective was to demonstrate that we could hold a stop without a hangline. I think the friend was using an over zealous interpretation iof this goal.

As long as the deeper stops are not so deep, frequent and long that your NDL is still falling it's all good as long as you have the gas.

Pete

NAUI Advanced Diver Textbook, page 58, line 11........(current version)
"Maintain yourself at the decompression stop level and keep activity to a minimum."

Bill

Continuing with reading of pg 58. It would appear that they are advising to keep activity and especially exertion to a minimal level to reduce the likelihood of a "bubble shower" which is something that has been discussed in the Dr Deco section. Most of which refers to post dive activity and the exertion of climbing a boat ladder with a set of doubles and a possibly other gear. It would appear to me that NAUI has extropolated that to the safety stop or other stops made.

My take on NAUI's wording in the text is that this is not the time to indulge in UW shark or gator wrestling to pass the time or any strenous finning to get from point A to B while at the stop depth. Just relax and take it pretty easy and enjoy any scenery that may be there.

"Buoyancy Control and Breathing Control are conjoined twins that cannot be seperated without both dying---Uncle Pug"

I got a new miracle knife called a rebreather......separates them really really goodly.

Bill :)

:lol: Yeah but until 95% of the divers in the world own a miracle knife--I'm sticking by good ol' Uncle Pug:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom