NAUI and PADI Certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is fine to take the AOW with PADI. The NAUI cert will be recognized by the PADI instructor and everyone else. If anything, you might have had a bit of the PADI AOW already in the NAUI OW classes.
Let us know how it goes.

You should have no problem training between the different agencies out there. They all pretty much recognize the other.

What everyone else said definately goes. In fact, I had a 29 year old NAUI card (and had remained an active diver) and had no problems switching over to PADI because that was the shop I wanted to do business with.

Steve

I was planning on getting my PADI AOW after the 1st of the year and I was wondering what to expect to be accomplished on a the check out dives.
In particular, the deep and navigation dives. I will probably have the dives done at a local lake here in the Atlanta area or in the Florida springs.
I also plan on getting drysuit certified along with the AOW.

One other question is, what is the best way to prepare in my usual dives to be ready. The deepest I've ever dove is about 55 feet.
THANKS!

The main difference between NAUI and PADI is NAUI is spelled with an "N" and come before PADI in the phone book.

Back
Top Bottom