National Geographic Dive Master Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like they are back in stock.

.. and gone again....

FYI, I recently did a dive at Merrit's Mill Pond. I spent the first 20 min or so in 5ffw or less. The watch didn't register it as a dive until I got below about 12ffw. It gave me shallow depth readings for the entire dive. On dive #2, I descended right away, and the watch worked fine.

What happened was the watch read the ambient pressure at 3-4 feet, and adjusted its ambient pressure settings to compensate. IOW, it thought the pressure at 5' was the pressure on the surface, and was 10-20' off the rest of the dive.

FYI,
Tom

I have one. it came working then just stopped. I went to dive and nada. i took it to a watch repair shop and they did not have the wrench to open the back and change the batter. I got the instructions off the web. any suggestions as to how or who will work on this 60.00 gem?

thanks wendy

I have a JEEP diver watch (knockoff of a citizen duplex) and when the battery died I purchased a watch back removal tool like this ... Watch Case Wrench, Adjustable, Jaxa Type - Part #: JT6306A
and removed the back (carefully, watch the gasket/O ring) and replaced the battery and the watch has gone to 100ft since then without leaking

Just wanted to let everybody know that my watches have been going great. Down as far as 100 FSW with out a hitch. Easier format to read than my ancient rezort dive computer too.
I have had to change the batteries but it isn't hard if you have the tool. I was able to get the back off with a swiss army knife but I wouldn't recommend that at all, get a watch back wrench and it is easy.
After a year or so I will say it has been worth the money.

My battery died. Can I borrow your tool? OR where did you get yours so I can buy one?

Tom

I bought mine off of ebay for somewhere around 10 bucks (IIRC) Not much too it. I did get caught away from home and had to change one and used my swiss army knife (not recommended at all!) A small adjustable spanner wrench will do the job well.

My watch died after 21 dives over 2 months. No display, no nothing and the battery tested out ok. I only wore it diving, so most of the time it just sat. Because I had it over 30 days, Amazon won't help. They referred me to their marketplace seller, which was Target.com. They referred me back to Amazon (of course). I even tried National Geographic with predictable results. The company that made these things is apparently out of business, as the phone number Amazon gave me is disconnected and all the links to their website are dead. The parent company "Egana" went through bankruptcy in March of 09 in Hong Kong- so much for the warranty. Buyer beware

My watch died after 21 dives over 2 months. No display, no nothing and the battery tested out ok. I only wore it diving, so most of the time it just sat. Because I had it over 30 days, Amazon won't help. They referred me to their marketplace seller, which was Target.com. They referred me back to Amazon (of course). I even tried National Geographic with predictable results. The company that made these things is apparently out of business, as the phone number Amazon gave me is disconnected and all the links to their website are dead. The parent company "Egana" went through bankruptcy in March of 09 in Hong Kong- so much for the warranty. Buyer beware

sometimes you just don't get what you paid for---------lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom