National Geographic Dive Master Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought one on July 9th (at $59.99 and free shipping ) and it arrived today. Seems to work fine (all buttons and such) will dive it this weekend. . . .

I was pretty stoked about getting a very nice looking watch and it "feels" very well made (? I know its hard to tell but it was ONLY $59.99!) Then I see today they are ONLY $39!

ORDER yours today, I think you can't go wrong.

When I searched on buy.com they have them listed at $227 one place, but link still points to them at $39

They are now out of stock. Mine arrived working fine. It was obviously NEW and not used, scratched or any other damage noted.

I took it to the local Quarry Saturday and it seemingly worked flawlessly. I am diving it again this upcoming weekend (3 days)

They are now out of stock. Mine arrived working fine. It was obviously NEW and not used, scratched or any other damage noted.

I took it to the local Quarry Saturday and it seemingly worked flawlessly. I am diving it again this upcoming weekend (3 days)

glad to hear a positive review....mine's on the truck to be delivered today...assuming it works, will dive it this weekend at the quarry for three days....i'll let everyone know how it turns out...

i noticed your location is in tappahanok, va....just out of curiosity, what quarry are you diving at....i'm gonna be at Rawlings friday through saturday as that's the only one that i'm aware of close to me....

watch just arrived from fedex....appears to be in working order and brand new never used condition, with the instructions even included in the box (they were under a pull tab/false bottom in the box)....we'll see after i dive it this weekend but so far so good...there is a battery indicator in the display that suggests that the battery is half gone but no information in the instructions about the meaning of the battery indicator only the type of battery required and that the battery life is 36 months....the date on the box says 2007 so if the indicator is what i think it is then that would be about right...hopefully the cold quarry water doesn't kill it on the first dive :)

I got mine yesterday. Looks brand new. I'm planning to use it for snorkeling/free diving (for the time, depth, and temperature) more than scuba diving. There was not an instruction manual but htere was a paper saying where to get it online:

Natl Geo Watches

http://www.eganausa.com/natlgeowatches/NG705seriesMANUAL.pdf

Has anyone figured out how to make it stop beeping everytime a button is pressed?

Got mine tuesday and tested it in a pressure chamber yesterday. It is looking good. Everything seems to work just fine.

i noticed your location is in tappahanok, va....just out of curiosity, what quarry are you diving at....i'm gonna be at Rawlings friday through saturday as that's the only one that i'm aware of close to me....

Yes, Lake Rawlings. I was there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. SORRY I didn't read this earlier or we could have met!

Safe Diving

Mark

tested it this weekend for a total of nine dives in the quarry at lake rawlings....worked flawlessly on every dive and couldn't be happier with it especially for what it cost.....the wrist tilt auto light feature even worked like it was supposed to on our night dive, which i swore there was no way that would work....as far as it's accuracy, it matched exactly with what my dive computer was saying the entire time (suunto cobra) and registered the water temp a lot faster than my computer does....deepest dive was 58 feet and coldest water temp was 55 degrees for the weekend....it was easy to read under water too once i figured out you could change the digital contrast....the only complaint that i really had with it was since the watch band is molded and specific for the watch you can't switch it out with something like a waterbourne band that's a lot longer and more fail proof....the band fit around my 3 mil wetsuit with a few holes left but it wouldn't go around my wrist with my gloves on as well....actually it turned out to be a good thing i had the watch this weekend as my dive buddy's computer failed and would only read the amount of pressure left in his tank so he was able to use it to continue diving using standard dive tables.....

...with the instructions even included in the box (they were under a pull tab/false bottom in the box)....)

got mine, too and it looks spanking new. I thought it came w/o instructions as many had mentioned this in this thread but after reading you post i found the tab and sure enough, the instructions were right there. as far as the band, you could just cut it off but leave a little on both side where it attaches to the watch. make a hole in the band remnants on each side, thread bungee through, knot and you have a slide on watch that fits on a drysuit, too. does not look pretty but works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom