National Geographic Dive Master Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got mine and it doesm't work at all. Does it have to be "turned on" or anything? Mine doesn't do anything, no display at all and pushing the buttons doesn't help.

Interesting discussion. I will stick with my 15 year old digital Citizen Hyperaqualand (or something like that). Works like a slave. Reliable. Accurate. I gave up long ago on downloading dive profiles - just transfer the basic data to my logbook. Rarely use my various computers for logging information - just the watch. Its data always matches my various Oceanic computers. It just needs the periodoc battery change with pressure check. But I have never had it below 5 atm.

It's kind of strange, Natl Geo is a flagship magazine, great stories, the best in photography and well above average production quality ... but they have a long history of rather strange product partnering with second and third tier suppliers ... go figure?

They do partner with PADI, right? lol

Anyway I digress...
The reviews on buy.com are 4.5 stars. Does buy.com delete the bad reviews or no one from here posted a review there? Seems like what what I read here... it would get maybe 2 stars due to all the problems with it?

Oh well...

i just ordered one as well from buy.com for 39.99....at that price i'm not sure you can go wrong unless it doesn't work at all....i'm only using it as a backup though which seems to me it's best use anyway...i've already got a primary air integrated suunto computer but have always used a basic analog watch with bezel for a backup timing device whne i remember to set the bezel....anyway i am going diving next weekend and my divewatch battery just died, so no way am i going to be able to send it in to the company to get the battery replaced and get it back in time....was going to take it to the dive shop to see if anyone there was qualified to properly replace the battery but it's over an hour away from me and in the opposite direction from where i'm headed so today i open my email and see this deal and decided to pull the trigger....at that price it is less than what it would cost to replace the battery when i include all the driving and time and or postage it will take to make that happen and it has some nice features to it....not sure why anyone would have ever paid the orginal retail price for this watch though.....i'll let you know how it goes when we get back...

I decided to jump in at the $40 with free shipping price as well.

I had been on the fence about ordering one of these. I plan to use it as a back up to my Atom 2.0.

At $40, you can't even get a decent digital watch with depth functions. If it works and can help me rebuild a day's worth of diving if I have a main computer failure, it'll pay for itself in one use a couple of times over.

Here's hoping mine comes in working condition. . .

I bought one on July 9th (at $59.99 and free shipping ) and it arrived today. Seems to work fine (all buttons and such) will dive it this weekend. . . .

I was pretty stoked about getting a very nice looking watch and it "feels" very well made (? I know its hard to tell but it was ONLY $59.99!) Then I see today they are ONLY $39!

ORDER yours today, I think you can't go wrong.

When I searched on buy.com they have them listed at $227 one place, but link still points to them at $39

Since I am such a good dive buddy, I ordered three watches from buy.com for about $40 each: One for my own back up dive computer, and the other two are for my dive buddies. I received them yesterday. The first watch box I opened, the watch did not display anything, battery death I would guess, scratches at the back for signed of attempt to open, the start/stop button stuck, I cannot push it while I can easily push other three buttons. I decided I have to return that one. The buttons on the the second and third watches can be pushed and there were displayed on the screen so I think they work. This morning, when I read the operating manual to figure out how to change the date time. None of the button will change any settings. It seems does not matter how I push the buttons (by the manual, hold long and short, multiples buttons hold long and short), the mode does not change at all. It simply displays date time (somewhere in Jan 1998). I simply just cannot change the date time.
I am upset that I have to return all three watches. I ordered many items by buy.com before I have good trust in the store so far, but this experience with the three watches left me wonder whether I should continue to trust the store.
Of course, I cannot state how these watches would operate under the water. I double they would work under the water when they are not even work in air.

Back
Top Bottom