Nasty Florida Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We have a monster hurricane to the east kicking in monster ground swells and developing tropical storm to our west....weekend is not looking good...

Come dive Blue Spring, Orange City, FL with us any Sunday or Saturday. It can rain, it can pour, it can blow up a mighty storm, but we'll still get clear cold fresh water to 125'. Yeah, it's not the Ocean, and we don't get to see alot of wildlife, but we do get bottom time and time to talk diving with a lot of great and interesting people.:shades:

to dive...heavy rains may mess up the north springs. I gotta teach class on Sunday

Break out the board and wax it up!

"we're gonna go surfing, surfin USA..."

Peter
(Who is stoked, baby!)

metaldector once bubbled...
Come dive Blue Spring, Orange City, FL with us any Sunday or Saturday. It can rain, it can pour, it can blow up a mighty storm, but we'll still get clear cold fresh water to 125'. Yeah, it's not the Ocean, and we don't get to see alot of wildlife, but we do get bottom time and time to talk diving with a lot of great and interesting people.:shades:

Hi Metaldector!!!!! :)

I was reading this post and saw that you mentioned diving at Blue Springs. My parents used to live in Deland and I visited there once and remember thinking how absolutely beautiful it was there. I saw some divers disappear into the deep abyss there and thought, "Man, I would love to do that some day!" That was before I had any notion whatsoever to dive. Well, now that I am certified the folks have moved to NC (not near the coast either, darn them!) so I didn't think there would ever be much of an opportunity to ever go back there and dive. ;-0

Well, now I am getting ready to head to Orlando with my boyfriend (a non-diver...sigh) Sept. 25-28 and I don't have a dive buddy. I would love to go to Blue Springs, though. Are there a lot of people that dive there on a regular basis? If so, would I be able to find someone to dive there with if I just show up on a Saturday? I have rented a car to go to Ginnie Springs b/c I was told that there is no problem finding people to dive with there on a Saturday, to just show up, but there is a dive shop there and not one at Blue Springs, so I didn't know if it would be as easy to meet new dive friends there, too.

I'm a 31 year old female and I'm newly open water certified and working on advance certification, now. If you can help me out with my question any, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much and have a great day!:wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom