Nassau Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I would love to tell you that there is a great dive shop in Nassau. There is not! 15-20 years ago SC was decent, but they have turned to running money-grubbing cattle boats. BD is not much better--although they used to offer great looking baseball caps!

There is exactly one dive I would consider AND it is not very PC: SC's Shark Dive. It is a fun dive. I am completely aware of how environmentally inconsiderate that dive is, but I still enjoyed it (Is that the sound of slings and arrows I hear????).

Joe

Thanks. Yeah, I decided to forego going there early for diving, and opted to use my vacation days for another trip elsewhere instead.

Hi,

Perhaps this is kicking the dead Horse Mackerel... I’m guessing that you might have to go through Miami on your way to the Bahamas.

If so, you might consider a layover there, and doing a few days of diving.

Just a thought...

Joe
8D791003-E5AC-4DCA-879F-956AB51A986A.jpeg

It’s direct from here. Besides, if I’m going to use vacation days to dive, it’ll be somewhere international.

Hi guys. I had a dive scheduled with Bahama divers for Aug 1st, but they cancelled the dive without explanation. I reached them by email and the answer was “we are not opening”.

Is there anything else? I checked with Stuart Cove for a private charter for the Blue Hole and they charge $2,350 for the day. Not gonna happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I actually had a blast diving with SC back in October of last year. Perhaps its lack of experience given that I'm pretty new to diving, but SC seemed really organized, from the morning pick up in the Van's to the equipment that I was renting.

I did 10 dives with them over 3 days and I don't remember ever having cruise passengers on the boat, simply by the virtue of cruise port pick ups being done by a separate van and arriving at SC much after we had left. I do tend to use my air quickly but all the dives were around 45 minutes long.

I very much enjoyed that the dive sites were very close to the dock, there was practically no current in any of the dives, and the tons of artificial reefs. Above all, I enjoyed their wall dive sites more than anything.

And yes, I did go for the shark dive :)

I did consider BD when deciding on the shop but went with SC fue to their size and their location on the southern part of Nassau. I remember reading somewhere that the northern sites serviced by BD are not as robust but I don't have first hand experience.

Back
Top Bottom