Narrowed it down to 5...please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Zeagle vote. As a new diver, when I was buying my gear, they seemed to me to be a "quieter" company--less in-your-face marketing. I've actually come to appreciate that...love the gear.

The Zeagle is a good choice for the money, but if you're local to ScubaToys and don't mind spending a few extra bucks they sell Atomic (must buy in person). Just another option.

I really like Atomic, my second choice as far as what ST sells would be any of their Zeagles (I like the ZX50 or Flathead). If price is a factor the Oceanic Alpha8 or Envoy Dlx should be a great setup (not sure if they sell the Alpha8 though)

I've never used an Envoy but I bought my brother one of the regular Envoy's for his b'day and he loves it.

TheRedHead:
Why don't you like the Tusa?
I have never tried the Tusa or any of the Reg's that I mentioned. If I try out the Tusa then I can't return it. I went to scuba toys wanting to buy a scuba pro or an aqualung, but they no longer sell them. I bought the Tusa not knowing much about it. After I bought it I went to scubaboard to see if it was a good (recomended) regulator. I was disappointed to see the lack of good comments about Tusa. I called scuba toys and they said that I could exchange it if I wanted to. I've spent a lot of money on dive gear (this is not a cheap hobby), and I want to make sure that I get good equipment that I will be really happy with for a long time. I didn't feel that confident about my regulator purchase, but I am really happy with everything else that I bought. The regulators were the last thing that we looked at and I was exhausted from all the choices and the drive (scuba toys is 3 hours from my house). I think I just made too quick of a decision with out knowing much.

Thresa:
I went to scuba toys wanting to buy a scuba pro or an aqualung, but they no longer sell them. I bought the Tusa not knowing much about it.

I assume you are looking for a high performance regulator? Tech divers who dive very deep often dive with Scubapro and Apeks (which is part of Aqualung). Another brand very popular among deep divers is the Zeagle Flathead. I don't have any experience with Tusa or Oceanic, but I can endorse Zeagle and my 2nd choice would be Mares. It says a lot that divers are using these regulators to make 200+ ft dives.

I use a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe and have never regreted buying it. After diving some 30 plus years, it is not the driest reg I have used, but the other features it has out weighs that short comming.

TheRedHead:
I assume you are looking for a high performance regulator? Tech divers who dive very deep often dive with Scubapro and Apeks (which is part of Aqualung).

To be honest with you I don't plan on diving below 100 feet. Reef diving is all I am really interested in. I'm looking for a good quality regulator that doesn't have to be able to dive really deep or cold.

Thresa:
To be honest with you I don't plan on diving below 100 feet. Reef diving is all I am really interested in. I'm looking for a good quality regulator that doesn't have to be able to dive really deep or cold.

Just about any regulator will do. The question is can a regulator deliver air to 2 stressed divers at 100 feet? To me, the regulator is the most important piece of dive equipment. I think you've had some good responses here. Zeagle Envoy was Scuba Magazine's Tester's Choice for regulators under $300 (and I assume that is the price range you're looking for).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom