Narrow Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2TH DIVR

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Got a no label what is supposed to be a DA Aqua Master.

Haven't opened it up yet.

Has a real narrow width yoke, straight sides.

Won't fit on a US Divers J valve, looks like it will only do a post type valve.

Any info on this yoke?

Here's a pic

Thanks

Attachments

• yoke.JPG
    yoke.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 110
I've never seen one that narrow. Why not contact Brian at vintagedoublehose.com and get a new long one for $50? The new long one would let you use a banjo fitting for an SPG.

The reg is Aquamaster, but the yoke predates it. Looks Broxton era to me. Early 50's.

I agree with SwimJim, this is a DA Aqualung yolk, from previous days. What may have happened is that a DA Aqualung was upgraded to a DA Aquamaster. You should take a good look, and see whether this was upgraded. If so, you may want to keep it, although valve use is limited to a few Voit and USD valves (older twin manifold valves will work with this yolk). The yolk is very strong, just the wrong shape for many of today's valves.

SeaRat

I have one just like it on a DAAM. From what I can tell, the yokes are from earlier models meaning the DAAMs we have are very early models, mine has a label but no serial number. As best as I can tell, my DAAM is original with that yoke. You an always get a long yoke or a standard yoke if you want to use the reg. I have also modified Sherwood yokes to fit, giving me a 3000psi yoke and one that is long enough for a banjo.

Looks to be a 1st generation Broxton address yoke. The DA Navys and the earlier Aqua Masters used the 2nd generation short yoke and later Aqua Masters used the 3rd generation long yoke.

I agree, its from a Broxton or "Trade Mark" reg. I'm thinking about 1954 or earlier.

The "square" or sharp angles and as cast surfaces are what you look for. Here is one from a Trade Mark I did last year for a friend.

Squareyoke.jpg

Pete, my DA looks just like the one 2Th DIVR posted a photo of so there are at least a few of them with this yoke. My yoke and screw look exactly like the one in your photo but my reg is deff a DAAM, looks exactly like all the rest of the ones I have except for the yoke and the label not having a serial number. Is it possible it is a very early DAAM assembled using some parts from an earlier reg?

Pete, my DA looks just like the one 2Th DIVR posted a photo of so there are at least a few of them with this yoke. My yoke and screw look exactly like the one in your photo but my reg is deff a DAAM, looks exactly like all the rest of the ones I have except for the yoke and the label not having a serial number. Is it possible it is a very early DAAM assembled using some parts from an earlier reg?

I would really be surprised if it is original. That yoke was long gone before the DAAM appeared and any left overs would more than likely been used on the Navy type DA and DA Navy Approved

http://www.calclassic.org/Regulator/aqualung.html

I'll go with what Captain says, he lived through it. What you have is most likely a parts bin reg that was assembled out of spares.

Where did you get it?

One thing, that yoke should only be on a reg with a removable exhaust horn.

As for the one I did, if you look the body it is chromed on the sand cast surface, which is very common for the real early regs from 1949-1953/54 or so.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom