Narcosis Scuba Center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermike1989

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a dive trip with Narcosis Scuba Center in Tarpon Springs???I'm thinking of doing a trip with them July 4th Morning? Anyone care to join?

I've been out with them once. I enjoyed it. They were very professional. Nice small boat (I don't think they take more than 6 divers a trip).

I looked at thier calendar for July 4th. They don't list a site, just a "Captains Underwater adventure". What does that mean ??

Often, charters will try to pre-plan which sites they will visit (usu shallow or deepr). Ultimately, they will end up wherever the conditions are the best. When it says "Captain's Choice" it usually means they don't have a specific agenda (like they must hit a shallow site because there are OW students booked), and you can often ask the Captain for a particular site. Either way, its a suprise.

The Narcosis crew are great to dive with, super-nice and fast boat. Tim is my personal favorite :)

Well, I'll throw the wrench in here. I've read a number of reports on Spearboard about Narcosis pushing other boats off site, approaching boats with dive flags up, etc.

Well it looks like I can't get out this Independace Day due to a change in plans...freakin plans...dontcha hate them!!!

ReefGuy:
Well, I'll throw the wrench in here. I've read a number of reports on Spearboard about Narcosis pushing other boats off site, approaching boats with dive flags up, etc.

I also have some concerns when it comes to that boat. the biggest being that they are either misled or misleading in describing the sites they dive.

For example, they list a dive site "RJ Thompson" as a Coast Guard bouy tender that went down in a storm in 72-78 feet. I researched the name with the Coast Guard who told me they never had a tender or any other boat with that name. I dove the RJ Thompson with Mike Barnette (Author - Shipwrecks of the sunshine state) and he told me it is certainly NOT a CG boat, and I myself found the site is only 68 feet to the sand at High tide.

On the other hand, the shop staff have always been helpful and curtious.

I was out with them last Thursday (7/6) and had a great day. 6 divers, plus 3 crew, so it was a little tight on space but no complaints. After everyone got their gear out, they stowed the gear bags, etc in the cabin and the fins in storage compartment at the stern (the crew handed them out to each diver), so here was nothing to trip on as you moved about the boat. Both dives were on ledges,50-60ft depth, good viz (50-60 feet), calm seas (maybe 1ft, if that). Plenty of water and snacks, all in all a great day.

I would have to agree with Cgilyeat.

I went out with them on Friday 7-6. I had my spear with me I'm a bit new to spearing. Got a nice Sheep Head.

I too have read the posts about them on spear board. My opinion it gets crowded on the weekend out there. I avoid the weekend because I can.

We were heading to 3 barges there was a boat there they were flying some kind of flag on the bow. As we approached he slow about 100 yds off came in slowly I could make out the flag it was a Black Pirates skull & bones flag. They were just fishing rite on the buoy.

We left and went to the Airplane Barge and then a pile of culverts. Vis good about 30 ft lots of smaller fish a lot of big Barracuda & BIG Snook.

I had a lot of fun good trip for me I will got out with them again I live about 3 miles away.

Just my opinion
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom