Narced at Ninety?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i do notice loss of memory while doing deeper dives (130 and deeper) but ive never felt paranoid, in my experience narcosis gives you a false sense of security, and this is in cool water (in between 49-53 degrees)

California Diver:
ive never felt paranoid, in my experience narcosis gives you a false sense of security, and this is in cool water (in between 49-53 degrees)
Diving the T-dock one night last year, the plan was to go down to the wreck at 130' and see the octo. Water temp 50f. Vis 10'. It was the 3rd dive of the day. Did a sim dive on my computer which said I could stay at 130 for 9 mins. When we hit 110', my computer said I had only 3 mins, and I was suddenly narked with a major feeling of dread and wanting to flee. I watched my buddy continue down, and then realized that if I just stayed two feet above him I would be fine. Right....At 120' the dread feeling went away and I felt GREAT - no worries - heck, I had a full two minutes left!
We looked at the octo and headed back up.
Very surreal dive and I remember every bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom