Nanaimo bound ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Head'n back to Van Isle this morning ...

Up at 2:30 AM and on the road by 4. Gonna be on the early ferry from Tsawassan to Nanaimo, and diving the Breton by early afternoon. Then a night dive on the Sasketchewan ... :D

Gotta love a country that sinks it's own Navy ships to turn them into tourist attractions for divers ... :eyebrow:

You folks who live there sure have it good ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Head'n back to Van Isle this morning ...

Up at 2:30 AM and on the road by 4. Gonna be on the early ferry from Tsawassan to Nanaimo, and diving the Breton by early afternoon. Then a night dive on the Sasketchewan ... :D

Gotta love a country that sinks it's own Navy ships to turn them into tourist attractions for divers ... :eyebrow:

You folks who live there sure have it good ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah, we even pawned a couple off to US and Mexico before you guys figured out it's the best way to get rid of military scrap.
Who you diving with in Nanaimo?

Diver's Choice ... I'm posting tonight from the Painted Turtle ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We left the Rib at home and are diving a charter. If we had been in my boat we would wouldn't have let no stinking 6' swells stop us. Tomorrow is supposed to be calmer.

NWGratefulDiver:
Diver's Choice ... I'm posting tonight from the Painted Turtle ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Tell Ken and Carolyn, Dave says hi.

cheers,
Dave...

wedivebc:
Tell Ken and Carolyn, Dave says hi.

cheers,
Dave...

I did ... and they said "Howdy" back ... :wink:

They're really nice people, and run a great dive charter. I know I'll be booking with them again! We had a pair of really nice dives on the wrecks yesterday.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I did ... and they said "Howdy" back ... :wink:

They're really nice people, and run a great dive charter. I know I'll be booking with them again! We had a pair of really nice dives on the wrecks yesterday.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I heard it was a little bumpy saturday. Did you get to the wrecks?

wedivebc:
I heard it was a little bumpy saturday. Did you get to the wrecks?

Not on Saturday ... we made it about halfway out and Ken called the dive. Good call ... I'm sure we'd have been able to do the dive, but getting back on the boat could've been a real adventure ... :11: We ended up doing a single dive at Jesse Island, which is one of my favorite Nanaimo playgrounds anyway (I love ending the dive on the swim-throughs). We got 70 minutes bottom time.

Yesterday we did both wrecks ... Cape Breton first, then Sasketchewan. I got 62 minutes on each ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
...We ended up doing a single dive at Jesse Island,
Yesterday we did both wrecks ... Cape Breton first, then Sasketchewan. I got 62 minutes on each ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did you see Santa in the Zodiac on Saturday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom