N2ition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmspdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking about the N2ition as a primary computer, and using my Suunto Stinger as a backup (maybe in gauge mode).

I like the lower price point and 2 year warranty of the N2ition vs the Dive Rite and TUSA. Does the N2ition come with a "screen protector" (like the TUSA IQ-700) or is it available as an option. The product page on the web site didn't mention a screen protector.

As a public safety diver smacking into debris on the lake bottoms I would not want to dive without one. Thanks.

I am thinking about the N2ition as a primary computer, and using my Suunto Stinger as a backup (maybe in gauge mode).

I like the lower price point and 2 year warranty of the N2ition vs the Dive Rite and TUSA. Does the N2ition come with a "screen protector" (like the TUSA IQ-700) or is it available as an option. The product page on the web site didn't mention a screen protector.

As a public safety diver smacking into debris on the lake bottoms I would not want to dive without one. Thanks.

I got a Tusa screen protector for mine. It fits but it is very loose. I need to find a way to secure it to the computer . . there is no way it would stay on through a dive.

Really?? Odd. I thought it was the exact same housing??

:confused:

Scott,
Considering the small cost of a shield, it would seem to be good business sense to supply a shield with every computer rather than having your buyer go to the competition for it.

The wrist-mount Tusa uses an o-ring to secure the guard to the computer. The console holds the guard in place on console mounts.

The wrist-mount Tusa uses an o-ring to secure the guard to the computer. The console holds the guard in place on console mounts.

AAhhhhh. I see. After reading your reply I pulled it out and see exactly how that would work. An O-ring did not come with the guard. I'll have to call Scuba Toys and see if they can hook me up.
I have the Zeagle Tech wrist mount. It looks like an O-ring will still work with that but may need to be a tad bigger.
Thanks again for the good info.

When I ordered my N2ition wrist computer (and bungee mount) from ScubaToys I also ordered a Dive Rite screen shield. I was told on another thread that it should snap right into place. UPS is scheduled to deliver the package tomorrow morning so I'll let you how it fits.

My Zeagle N2ition arrived today. The Dive Rite screen shield was a PERFECT fit. It snapped right into place, no "O" rings needed. With the 10% SB discount it was $7.16 from ScubaToys. I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom