Shearwater Peregrine - First Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was nothing, but you lost points for saying you should have read stuff..... that was a gaff...

:poke:

I got in two more dives on my Peregrine last Sat. It performed flawlessly. The algorithm fully mirrored my Perdix. At points they were off on NDL by 1 min but only for a short time and never by more than 1 min. Time & depth always seemed to be in agreement.

So far it’s a great computer! There were several folks asking me about it who really liked the form factor and the brightness & clarity of the screen.

My only apprehension re the Peregrine was about working the smallish buttons with blue gloves and wool liners. Non-problem and they have good resistance to accidental actuation.
I Fanboy now.

My only apprehension re the Peregrine was about working the smallish buttons with blue gloves and wool liners. Non-problem and they have good resistance to accidental actuation.
I Fanboy now.

I don't dive dry gloves with liners these days but I'm not surprised the buttons are a non-issue in dry gloves. We shouldn't be too surprised since the majority of the SRI employees are cold water divers in the Pacific NW.

I’m at 7 dives now on the Peregrine. It’s performing flawlessly as expected. The only change I’ve made was to ditch the wrist band it comes with and go to a bungee mount. I’m used to bungee or elastic straps like the Perdix has. I find they stay in place better at depth.

I had no issues rigging it with bungees. It is very well designed to be setup that way. They even ship it with bungee cord. After one dive with it bungee mounted I’m happy I went that route. It stays in place much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom