Mythbuster testing "James Bond Tux in a Drysuit" myth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have worn my street clothes under my drysuit a couple of times. Cell phone, money, wallet and keys in the pockets too. You will get some strange looks when peeling the drysuit off after the dive.

HAHA! I absolutely love mythbusters, but I didn't see this episode. Thankfully youtube's got my back: YouTube - Mythbusters - Request Fest: Tuxedo under drysuit

Once I learn to use a drysuit, I MUST to this... it's now on my bucketlist! A shore-exit on a crowded beach, unzipping right at the edge of the water while wearing a tux... priceless! Another one if possible, would be to ice dive when my friends are ice fishing, and attach a wrapped fish sandwhich to a buddy's line and give it a good tug... or hold onto the line so I can say hello! lmao!

*edit, just one simple example...the other day I heard them say that Mercury is the only liquid metal. LOL LOL LOL.
How about Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Lead, etc., etc., etc. Now I understand what they were getting at, but geez, lets be accurate.

They must have said, or implied, room temperature, because mercury IS the only metal thats a liquid at room temperature. You can turn just about anything into a liquid if you can make it hot enough.

But what background do you have to be able to say that they don't know what they're talking about? Just curious.

Last edited:
Oh, please... suspend your disbelief... they are only movies, not real life!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom