Mythbuster testing "James Bond Tux in a Drysuit" myth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've went to church in the morning, assisted with a class in the afternoon and back to church for night service and never changed my clothes. Took off the jacket, put on drysuit, made dive, took off drysuit, put jacket back on.

At any rate, these guys are a bunch of bafoons. I cry, wish, plead, dream and pray they would take a physics and chemistry course. But alas, they are destined to prove and disprove things they have no knowledge of.

*edit, just one simple example...the other day I heard them say that Mercury is the only liquid metal. LOL LOL LOL.
How about Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Lead, etc., etc., etc. Now I understand what they were getting at, but geez, lets be accurate.

the Nobel is not given posthumously

The good news is that at the end of the 2010 dive season, (including pitching at my wreck diver course with a brand new set of never tried before doubles) I still meet this requirement for a Nobel.

Guess I am still in with a shout . . . :D

Now about the rest of the Nobel requirements . . . :eyebrow:

Main issue with a tux under a drysuit is it'll be FREEZING as theres no thermal properties at all there especially in a membrane suit. Oh and condensation if its very cold.

Main issue with a tux under a drysuit is it'll be FREEZING as theres no thermal properties at all there especially in a membrane suit. Oh and condensation if its very cold.

Not necessarily. It's not inconceivable for a movie spy to wear a drysuit in 70+ degree waters merely to protect the disguise he was wearing (I have no idea where that scene from the 007 movie was set).

ive tried a thin shirt and tracksuit bottoms in 28 degree water and still froze! Might get away with it if its a neoprene suit.

ive tried a thin shirt and tracksuit bottoms in 28 degree water and still froze!

I'd probably freeze too. But it's unquestionable that there are pretty normal people who dive those kinds of water temperatures in t-shirts and trunks (not to mention some exceptional individuals who swim unprotected in freezing water). I don't think it's asking too much to demand that someone like James Bond tough out a tropical water swim without perishing.

I dove jeans and a t-shirt (under drysuit) in 30 degree water 4 hours a time for nearly 6 months.

*most unhappy period of my adult life

Tisk tisk tisk, I saw a dangling octo and guage console. They should know better.

I've went to church in the morning, assisted with a class in the afternoon and back to church for night service and never changed my clothes. Took off the jacket, put on drysuit, made dive, took off drysuit, put jacket back on.

At any rate, these guys are a bunch of bafoons. I cry, wish, plead, dream and pray they would take a physics and chemistry course. But alas, they are destined to prove and disprove things they have no knowledge of.

Or they could just take things on faith and discharge the notion of evidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom