Mystery Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have a clue who made this regulator or what it's model is? It has no marking at all on it. I got it in a package deal and have never seen one like it. I am guessing it is late 60’s to mid 70s in age. There are design details that are very close to a SP MK-5. In fact, the pin spanner I made for MK-5s fits perfectly. Any information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• reg-1-small.jpg
    reg-1-small.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 241
  • reg-2small.jpg
    reg-2small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 222
I think it is a White Stag.
From the early to mid 70's.

Thanks Luis, I will search the WS manuals.

This one was a new one on me Jim, never seen one like it. I do like the design, it's almost identical to a SP MK-5 inside, just laid out differently. Once you start looking around, you realize there have been hundreds if not thousands of designs on the market over the last 60 years or so. I had an idea to get and photograph them at one time, this may be a good one to start on.

An interesting idea, that would certainly be beneficial to someone trying to identify an odd regulator they happen across, for sure.

I wonder how many odd balls regs there are that members of SB might have laying around, and if/how you could get them on loan for a photo session.?

There are but the second is a Dacor 800 and the SPG is a USD, both of which I am well familiar with....the SPG was the only reason I bought the reg in the first place. :)

With the SP'esque appearance and SP's early history and associations my first thoughts would be to check for similarity with old Healthways regs and and Beuchat designs to see if you can determine where it came from originally.

Last edited:
SP 3.5 is good but the only interchangeable part is the seat cap, however the seat is flat.
Piston dia is smaller, and shorter than the 7 but bigger than the 5. Spring is tiny. The cap with the centre hose hole is also smaller.

Second body looks like it was pressed from the same mould as a 108 but the valve is brazed in and it has an adjustable orifice. It came stamped with a number, 108 no. Similar quality finish.

Diaphragm, lever and parts, clamps and faceplates are interchangeable. Original SP dia much better quality, it's a gem and much more better than some of the cellophane clingwrap ones of today. Exhaust T same style as 108-109 curved one not the elongated rectangular one with the chin rest and has a mottled finish.

I re-chromed the clamps from one that were in better condition to use on a 109.

The reg I am comparing for this particular piece, has a chrome faceplate and a black plastic 1 3/4" purge. The spring is almost a slinky.

It came out as a SEA PRO MK 12 Balanced Made In USA.

I took it wetsuit splashing in 45o once and had to get out before it did so I suppose it is a reg.

Very good.:vomit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom