My Wild Certification Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceIce:
Great read.

My curiosity : How about your bailed-out instructor?
I can understand you frustation and if it was me, I'd be very dissapointed with these type of unproffesional behavior. Have you paid him anything?

I paid him 200 for the classroom portion of the certification. The instructor certainly earned this, as he did a great job teaching the course. However, he failed on many occasions to notify us of certain schedule adjustments and cancellations. For this, as you have said, he was totally unprofessional. I could never get in contact with the guy, I even tried calling his home phone as I seriously thought he was dead (I began telling people I think he got eaten by a shark). He never responded to emails sent to the address he gave us. The final deal breaker for me however, was of course, him letting me drive halfway across the country before informing me of the cancellation. Had I attended the trip with him, I would have paid him 525 total for the entire trip. I was so happy to use this money towards my new instructor who turned out to be such a great instructor and person in general.

I wondered about your previous instructor as well. Was he part of a LDS or completely independent or what? How did you first hear about him? I just wondered if someone actually had recommended him or what...

Glad you were able to use the rest of the money on a great instructor. Thank goodness you were able to hook up with folks down here in such short notice. Glad you got it done!!

Back
Top Bottom