My Wild Certification Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you sound like a hardcore diver in the making,hook up with the lake lanier loony birds,lets do some dives now that you have your card.

I was worried that saturday mornign would be too short notice for the local shops. I went by one shop later that afternoon and they were having a class, I think the people had just gotten back from a dive, wetsuits were drying out front. Glad you got certified and that you were in a rental!

divinginn:
you sound like a hardcore diver in the making,hook up with the lake lanier loony birds,lets do some dives now that you have your card.

thanks a bunch!...I'll be getting my gear over the next couple of months.

JahJahwarrior:
I was worried that saturday mornign would be too short notice for the local shops. I went by one shop later that afternoon and they were having a class, I think the people had just gotten back from a dive, wetsuits were drying out front. Glad you got certified and that you were in a rental!

One of the dive shops ended up calling me back and emailing me today. Sounded like a really nice guy, not sure who it was, but it was one of the three you gave me. Thanks again JahJah for your time and effort on this one.

It only took a second. All three of them are nice....I prefer them al lfor different reasons. At one of them, the ower smiles too much and it drives me nuts. At another one they are usually pretty nice about letting you look at whatever and buy whatever without trying to talk you into things, but they aren't always the cheapest. Yet, they are the closst. The other is small and I've only been there tthree times, but they seem nice and I have a friend who swears by them.

glad you got certified somewhere though! scubaboard is a great place to buy used gear!

Great story...welcome to the wonderful world of certification. What a great story!

Holy Crapola! I can't wait for your next dive trip!!!

Better yet, since it appears that you have such good luck on your trips, you should plan the next one for all of us... we can stay at the Intimate Motel, circumnavigate the "spirit" of purchasing items to keep by using them once and then returning them, get a whirlwind certification of our choice, and get rear-ended on the Interstate... all for one low price!
(how many tanks would a trip of this sort include?)

I'm glad you got certified, at any rate!

Congratulation!!!! Thanks you for your sharing

namabiru:
Holy Crapola! I can't wait for your next dive trip!!!

Better yet, since it appears that you have such good luck on your trips, you should plan the next one for all of us... we can stay at the Intimate Motel, circumnavigate the "spirit" of purchasing items to keep by using them once and then returning them, get a whirlwind certification of our choice, and get rear-ended on the Interstate... all for one low price!
(how many tanks would a trip of this sort include?)

I'm glad you got certified, at any rate!

Well, we can wait till' the next friday the 13th weekend, cause that may have been a contributing factor. :wink:

Wow, what a story! My hat is off to you and your determination to get your certification. Thanks for sharing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom