My wetsuit shrank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I left it rolled up in my suitcase from last trip in Dec. Please don’t judge me :p

I was expecting to see something like "the garage" which is where a lot of people leave them. A lot of stuff in garages *fridges/freezers are nasty culprits* that can cause wetsuits to stiffen which will make them feel like they shrank

I was expecting to see something like "the garage" which is where a lot of people leave them. A lot of stuff in garages *fridges/freezers are nasty culprits* that can cause wetsuits to stiffen which will make them feel like they shrank

Nope inside my house in my bedroom.

It must be the muscle you've added! Stop exercising ... immediately!! :wink:

Not just my wet suit, but my dry suit, my jeans, my dress shirts, both of my belts and even my one decent emergency event only set of suit and slacks, all seem to have shrunk.
It must be some sort of a conspiracy!
hm.gif

Are you sure you're not wearing it upside down? Arms through the legs, legs through the arms, head through the crotch hole rather than the neck hole?

Edit: They're not supposed to have crotch holes. Just mine.
They are called pee-valves... my old wetsuit has one.

I bought a new suit once I started mistaking it for the collar.

If your last immersion was in salt water it's also possible you didn't rinse it well enough. In a pinch I've left the zipper open for the first dive and the suit becomes more flexible again.

I think my original one (bought used) shrank some --but over 10 years. My body weight didn't change significantly. But, it could be that as I got older it just seemed harder to get on & off. I hang mine up to dry inside as well--but after one night outside to drip dry (except in winter).

Back
Top Bottom