My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try to get some next week.

I'd like to see some pictures and advice on dealing with stage/deco bottles in sidemount too, please.

Light Monkey mounted on rails:

LM_Sidemount.JPG

How I routed the cord - The colored velcro tabs came from Home Depot; they are the ones you attach to a cord to wrap around the cord when you put the item up.~$4 for five of them.

100407d1312657808-my-venture-into-sidemount-lm-light-cord.jpg

Attachments

• LM & Sidemount.jpg
    LM & Sidemount.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 63
  • LM Light Cord.jpg
    LM Light Cord.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 205
I'm thinking that canister is a little low . . . . .

Eat more so your butt gets bigger and it won't be so low... :wink:

Actually, it's only about 2-3 inches too low. You want it just below your butt so it can move out of the way in small passage.

And Home Depot didn't have pink velcro???

Reactions: Jax
:rofl3: Sorry Jax, that was just funny. :kiss2:
...And Home Depot didn't have pink velcro???
Get Red ones, wash a couple times in bleach, and voila... vintage /aged pink velcro.:eyebrow:

:giggle: . . . :shocked2: . . . :chairfight:

Actually, it's only about 2-3 inches too low. You want it just below your butt so it can move out of the way in small passage.

:huh: I'd have to mount it under the buttplate to do that. Is that what you mean?

And Home Depot didn't have pink velcro???

:depressed:

Here's a copy from my post in the MOF forum. I'm a newb and haven't got the insight to do a fair critique. These pics are from the first dive. I made a couple adjustments before the 2nd dive that took care of a couple issues already. Here are things I see wrong?
They are more Front Mount than SM? I need to move the rear attachment farther up closer to the center of my back. The bungie for my valves needs to be shorter to pull my valves up into my pits. My tanks could be moved back to help level my head down tendency. I did route my bungie over the wing on the second dive, which Gary says helped reduce the "tacoing" of the wing.
I fixed my dump valve issue. I'm sure Rob will find more for me to work on and I welcome that. In all it was still awesome to dive.

P8060016.jpgP8060011.jpgP8060007.jpgP8060005.jpgP8060002.jpg
Anyone else please chime in. Be brutal and honest, I know I have more to do and accomplish.
BTW; This is a Razor/Hollis SMS100 hybrid setup, LP77s

Here's a copy from my post in the MOF forum. I'm a newb and haven't got the insight to do a fair critique. These pics are from the first dive. I made a couple adjustments before the 2nd dive that took care of a couple issues already. Here are things I see wrong?
They are more Front Mount than SM? I need to move the rear attachment farther up closer to the center of my back. The bungie for my valves needs to be shorter to pull my valves up into my pits. My tanks could be moved back to help level my head down tendency. I did route my bungie over the wing on the second dive, which Gary says helped reduce the "tacoing" of the wing.
I fixed my dump valve issue. I'm sure Rob will find more for me to work on and I welcome that. In all it was still awesome to dive.

View attachment 100447View attachment 100448View attachment 100449View attachment 100450View attachment 100451
Anyone else please chime in. Be brutal and honest, I know I have more to do and accomplish.
BTW; This is a Razor/Hollis SMS100 hybrid setup, LP77s
How do you like the LP77s? I'm looking at a set of those as well -- you seem to have rigged them so they hang perfectly parallel.

Also, how is switching the inflator to the bottom working for you? I have the SMS100 as well (not a razor hybrid... the whole rig), and just wondering how I can orally inflate -- my neck doesn't twist as well as it used to (too much Brazilian JJ w/ 20-something year olds). I take everything Rob says as gospel in this area, that the hose will stretch in time, etc., however, wondering if you have to *stretch* your neck to reach it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom