My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't help myself! :cuddles:

I'm jealous! It will be a while before I get to start in SM. :depressed:

It's a blast! I'm not happy about the three trips it takes to get everything to the pool, but it's better than a 100+lb back-pack.

Now, I need to figure out how to reach around that stuff . . . my light turned on, and I couldn't reach it . . . :shakehead:

Now, I need to figure out how to reach around that stuff . . . my light turned on, and I couldn't reach it . . . :shakehead:
That's my real issue: how do I reach around those fat boy tanks. The two steel 130s are heavy too!

That's my real issue: how do I reach around those fat boy tanks. The two steel 130s are heavy too!

I shudder to think about . . . reaching around . . . :ignore:

Never mind . . .

:blush:

What kind of glue to put it back together? Aquaseal? Rubber cement? Silicone adhesive?

No glue necessary. The fit should be just snug enough to hold it in place. Besides, the spring will hold it in place, too.

Looking better in the video. You might need some more trim weight. Notice you're still in a head up orientation. You need to get horizontal. As for the jaw fatigue, try putting swivels on your regs. Yeah, yeah, I know people state they're an additional failure point and I used to think the same thing. Well, a couple hundred or so dives later on my swivels without any issues, even with the small passage I go through, and I'm a convert. The old swivels may have had issues, but the new swivels are machined much better. And the jaw fatigue is gone.

No glue necessary. The fit should be just snug enough to hold it in place. Besides, the spring will hold it in place, too.

Looking better in the video. You might need some more trim weight. Notice you're still in a head up orientation. You need to get horizontal. As for the jaw fatigue, try putting swivels on your regs. Yeah, yeah, I know people state they're an additional failure point and I used to think the same thing. Well, a couple hundred or so dives later on my swivels without any issues, even with the small passage I go through, and I'm a convert. The old swivels may have had issues, but the new swivels are machined much better. And the jaw fatigue is gone.

I sure did see you fighting with one!

:fear:

Another cotton-picking wrestling match?!!?!? :rolleyes:

On the weight - I have 3 lbs so far, do you think 4? or more? I ordered some weight pockets for the straps because I do not want to be putting on weights and taking them off to fly, and putting them on . . . . I'd muck something up for sure!

mrmccoy:
I sure did see you fighting with one!

I was fighting with getting that stupid line threaded through the tubing! :D

:fear:

Another cotton-picking wrestling match?!!?!? :rolleyes:

On the weight - I have 3 lbs so far, do you think 4? or more? I ordered some weight pockets for the straps because I do not want to be putting on weights and taking them off to fly, and putting them on . . . . I'd muck something up for sure!

I would go with permanent (or semi-permanent) 2 lb weights on the front and add weights to the top of the back. You can add 2 to each side or a 5 lb weight in the middle. Get some zip ties and use those while you're tweaking it to look for the right amount. Cheap and easy.

I was fighting with getting that stupid line threaded through the tubing! :D
Never blame the tool or the material for the failings of the craftsman. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom