My Twin Pst E Series 130s Are Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
When I weighed mine a while back - I belive that's what one weighed. Tha's with the boot and a single, thermo valve. Knock off the boots, and replace the valves with a manifold, add the bands, and you gotta be talking 115 - 120. Pretty freaking heavy.

On land.

---
Ken

Naw, piece of cake.

The guy I had to carry out of the water and up the beach to the dry sand during the rescue portion of the NAUI ITC weighted 275 lbs. Now THAT was heavy. :)

triton94949:
The only other tanks you would ever need would be a set of LP 72s for the shallower stuff. :)
Curious, why LP 72s and not the E7-100s?

triton94949:
If you are diving caves, then wheel the tanks in a dolly right into the water.
Would that be strictly a DIY solution? Does anyone sell such a beast?

StSomewhere:
Curious, why LP 72s and not the E7-100s?

My twin LP72s are used and dirt cheap, will last forever, and are perfect for dives to 175 fsw or less. No sense in hauling around the bigger pigs when I dont need the bigger pigs.

StSomewhere:
Would that be strictly a DIY solution? Does anyone sell such a beast?

WEST MARINE sells rust-proof dollies that fold up for easy transport. Indispensible for hauling around big pigs.

West Marine? dang i don't want to take out a second mortgage to buy the thing...

H2Andy:
West Marine? dang i don't want to take out a second mortgage to buy the thing...

Andy if you liked Apocalypse Now have you had a chance to get the director's cut DVD? Its longer, and it adds scenes that the movie release cut out. There is a French plantation scene which is awe inspiring. Also, there is a MASH scene where the boat meets up with the bunnies from the USO show. Great movie. "You are in the Navy, Sailor, so take off that raggedy Army-looking junk ..." Shades of the annual Navy-Army football game. :)

yup... seen Redux =)

v. nice

H2Andy:

Home Depot + WD40 + fresh water wash = 5 or 6 of these hand trucks to one West Marine stainless version.

When Michael and Terry did my DIR/F a few years ago, they brought their rigs to Catalina. WITHOUT A HANDTRUCK. They schlepped them from the boat, up the ramp to the cab - from cab to "hotel" (Hermosa) - Hotel to cab (to dive park) and back. A whole lotta schlepping going on. I grabbed Michaels as he was waiting for the boat.... woah. You gotta want it, man.

---
Ken

Lucky You!!! I ordered my PST E7-100s in July 04. Still waiting for them. Good luck and safe diving :)

Oh~~gee... I thought it is only me to do that. I am happy to hear that:bravo:

KidK9:
I have a set of these. I put them next to my tv so I can look at them while I supposedly watch tv. My fiance would think I'm nuts if she knew I can stare at them for over 20 minutes. They are a beautiful piece of equipment.

But, when you get out of the water, how do you handle it? You always need someone to help you out, don't you?

I have the same tanks, but I don't make it twin because 130s twin setup is over my capacity.

triton94949:
You can always put your tanks on in the water, and take them off in the water too.

If you are diving caves, then wheel the tanks in a dolly right into the water.

If you are diving off a boat, put the tanks in the water then get in.

Make sure you inflate the wing first, of course. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom