My strobe just arrived :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobf:
That's the best Reason to buY the strobe from A reputable authorized InoN dealer.............

And I still haven't quite figured out why you chose to bold those four letters..??

Another option for attaching your strobe is to use the YS-adapter with connecting bolt. It's not as elegant as the Z-adapter, but also has the advantage of being able to be used with S&S strobes if you ever decide to change.

I actually found that in solving my exposure problems with my Z-240 it was much more effective to post on SB than to trawl through the manual. In fact, after having my post answered, I went back and re-read the appropriate pages of the manual, and only then did it actually make any sense!!

froop:
And I still haven't quite figured out why you chose to bold those four letters..??

Mark,

I was attempting to suggest that a trained authorized dealer would be able to and imho have the responsibility to answer any questions put forth by a customer. Here in the States, one of the reputable authorized Inon dealers that is an expert on Inon products is Ryan Canon from Reef Photo. The bold letters spelled out his first name.

Proof I guess that my jokes need a manual, too.........:wink:

bobf

Thanks guys and gals!
I've been mailing back and forth with mr Yuzo Kanda and he has been most helpful. There was supposed to be a z-adapter (one that Larry mentioned) but for some reason it wasn't in the package I received. No harm done since I don't get my strobe wet for a while. Mr Kanda promissed to mail me the missing part instantly after I went through what the package contained. I must say that it is the best customer service I've ever received! Since I live in Finland it's pretty much the same wether I order stuff from usa or japan. In both cases I need to pay customs and so forth. I have only good experiences with usa dealers but this is really something else! It kinda seems that this guy never sleeps. He's answering mails whatever the hour and seems to be quite a problem solving machine aswell.

Now I only need to figure that strobe out :) It'll take a minute or three but eventually I'll get it... So was it left knob to 9 o´clock (s-ttl) and right knob 9 o´clock and lock down the magnet knob..? Time for test shots again. Any general pointers Alcina?

Tried a few until my batteries ran flat but didn't get a hang of things. Pictures seemed to be under/over exposed (mostly over)... e-mailed h/w guys yesterday they propably will know how to work this. It could be the power of this strobe aswell. I'm trying to shoot macro from less than a metre away from the subject. Gotta try again with -1.5 stop diffuser (now I had -0.5 stop diffuser).

bobf:
I was attempting to suggest that a trained authorized dealer would be able to and imho have the responsibility to answer any questions put forth by a customer.
Fairy Nuff. I purchased mine from Sea Optics in Australia. There are no local dealers that I am aware of in my city (Melbourne) that either keep stock of or are expert in underwater photography, so I ordered from interstate over the phone.

My usual strategy for figuring things out usually goes:
1. Try it myself
2. Read the manual
3. Consult the internet
4. Call the dealer

Internet comes before the dealer, because if I talk to a single person, however knowledgable they may sound, its still only one person's opinion. At least with web serarches and forums I can get a range of opinions and make my own informed decisions.

PS. I guess this is getting a little off-topic.. :)

bobf:
kapula's having so much fun with the knobs on his new toy maybe he won't notice :)

There sure are quite a few knobs to have fun with... and it seems it is going to take a while to figure this thing out. It is also quite a workout to keep housing in one hand and the strobe in the other since I don't have that ulcs inon adapter just yet.

It's gonna take a while before I even get to the stage I can ask some other than dumb questions too :) An english manual would help...

Way to go Kapula :)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom