my russian tortoise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russian Tortoise? And I thought Jumbo Shrimp was an oxymoron...

When I lived in Germany my landlords had an 'attack' tortoise. If you stood still long enough it would come up to you and start biting your shoes.

Wow, all ya need now is a southern Australian tortise!
Then you can just rotate them and have a tortise in your terrarium all year long!

the K

The Kraken:
Wow, all ya need now is a southern Australian tortise!
Then you can just rotate them and have a tortise in your terrarium all year long!

brilliant

but why not an Antarctic tortoise? you get the added benefit of camouflage
while in the fridge. though.. hmm... you might lose the darn thing in there
and never find it

Well, that's why !!! DUH ! ! ! ! ! !

the K

Now, Skeeter, that's just purely mean!

I imagine a tortise makes a rather nice pet.

I used to catch all sorts of critters when I was a kid. I'd build a little cage for them, keep them maybe a week of two and them Momma would say, "OK, it's time to let it go home now", and I trot dutifully outdoors and release it into the great wild.

She was, however, somewhat concerned the time I lost track of the baby rattlesnake.

But we were so poor I guess it left cause it couldn't find anything in the house to eat.

the K

My Russian Tortoise "Gorby" just started his over Winter Hibernation!
He looked kind of confused as he began to dig in his burrow (late October day in So. Calif. --and it's 80deg F outside!)

Kevrumbo:
My Russian Tortoise "Gorby" just started his over Winter Hibernation!
He looked kind of confused as he began to dig in his burrow (late October day in So. Calif. --and it's 80deg F outside!)

Awe let him stay "up" just a little longer :wink: I mean it is 80 out :w-t-f:

why have you never posted a picture?

I want to see it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom