My recent OOO situation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmbaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
ok, so I wake up yesterday morning and my house is 54 degrees.
and I realized I had an OOO ( Out Of Oil ) situation on my hands

here is the summary of how the day went

1) Checked oil tank, and confirmed it was empty
2) Make emergency call to oil company for delivery
3) Confirmed house temperature at 52
4) Went to work and returned home at 5:00
5) Confirmed house temperature at 42
6) Primed burner and made a big mess, but got the burner started
7) Left and got plastered beyond belief
8) Got real sick this morning
9) Confirmed house temperature at 60

Lessons learned:

1) Order oil when at 1/4 tank instead of 1/8 tank
2) Eat dinner before drinking to avoid #8

I came close over Christmas. I usually don't have an issue since I have delivery service [might be a good idea :)]

The lessons I learned:

1) Shovel your driveway
2) Don't take days off so your car is in the little bit of driveway that is actually shoveled
3) Find a service that will actually come to your front door and ask you to move the car; rather than a service that will just call and leave a nasty message as they drive away, telling you that they aren't bringing oil.

[I got my revenge though.. my neighbor came and plowed my driveway. I always shovel a path back for the oil guy. I didn't this time. THAT'LL TEACH 'EM! :)]

Gary,
Amature mistake. Amature analysis.
Here is what you should have done:
Step 7
Repeat

You wont really care about the rest after that!

7) Left and got plastered beyond belief
8) Got real sick this morning

Glad im not the only one with the "re-occuring" problem...cough cough!!

:cheers:

Lisa just called.... they got the pipes thawed and nothing was broken/split/etc.

Ok... I gave Gary long enough to tell me not to post his drunken PM (10 minutes... that's long enough :)) so here it is:

"drunk
ok, I ran out of oil today at housr. tempature is 42 degrees and I left so I go to bar and et loaded. I maean really loade, so really sdrunk , anmd trying to sober up NDC AT FIENDS house, to atay warm. Jodi is mad at me, but I really just w NT TO DIVER and get warm right now. eede foodddd. help"

ok, I was eating lunch for 2 hrs recovering, but guess it got posted. I dont recall typing any of this. :)

raxafarian once bubbled...
Lisa just called.... they got the pipes thawed and nothing was broken/split/etc.

Ok... I gave Gary long enough to tell me not to post his drunken PM (10 minutes... that's long enough :)) so here it is:

"drunk
ok, I ran out of oil today at housr. tempature is 42 degrees and I left so I go to bar and et loaded. I maean really loade, so really sdrunk , anmd trying to sober up NDC AT FIENDS house, to atay warm. Jodi is mad at me, but I really just w NT TO DIVER and get warm right now. eede foodddd. help"

Back
Top Bottom