My questionable rebreather training experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool. So rEvo's list is essentially pointless? Or are they only listing SSI instructors?

I am interested, as I believe it to be a pain to have to browse through all agencies' websites to find who is teaching on rEvo.

@uwxplorer

Robbing Paul to pay Peter... a disturbing trend with Revo Rebreathers

22 pages of why Jim isn't listed on the list. Basically, from what I understand, when Jim moved to the Keys there was a conflict due to territory and Peter Sotis of Add Helium threw a hissy fit and won, so Jim lost the ability to distribute the Revo even though he was doing it through Cave country Dive Shop. He wasn't living up there anymore or something to that effect, so that was the grounds for the tantrum.
I think the instructors on Revo's website are only the ones that are also authorized to sell the units. Since Jim can't sell it anymore, he's not listed, even though he is an instructor.

I may be wrong, but that's what I remember from that thread, @NetDoc knows the whole store and can correct anything that I said, but if you want, there are 22 pages discussing that incident and many upset revo instructors because of it

I provided the same link as above in that thread, so I am familiar with it.
I wanted to point out that Peter Sotis is NOW missing from it (I did not take a snapshot of the list at the time but I provide one for today below). So either he was not there before (which I would be surprised about considering that he owns AH), or he has been removed from it... as a consequence of the recent fateful accident discussed in another thread?
Official denial on its way?

View media item 202302

Georgia and I are listed on the IANTD website and approved as rEvo instructors.
Kevin is approved by TDI.
I don't dive rEvo, and I don't know Jim or Kevin, but I know Georgia. She trained me on the Poseidon. She is an excellent instructor and mentor.

I provided the same link as above in that thread, so I am familiar with it.
I wanted to point out that Peter Sotis is NOW missing from it (I did not take a snapshot of the list at the time but I provide one for today below). So either he was not there before (which I would be surprised about considering that he owns AH), or he has been removed from it... as a consequence of the recent fateful accident discussed in another thread?
Official denial on its way?

View media item 202302
I expect he is under suspension pending QA actions.

OK, I should not post under this topic, but I am glad about this thread (and others) and just want to say so.
This thread (and some sidelines) is a bit of an eye opener to me....
And there I thought I have an awful, awful, awful lot to learn about tech diving first and rebreathers second before I can even think about thinking about considering to get into rebreather diving (or not) some day... ... just to arrive at the point where I might be able to make that call... (in my case more fore silent stealth and extended time than real serious real deep cave exploring or such - I think, but who knows.. I know if and when I get there).

Looks like there is a lot, lot more to learn and watch out for than "just" the technology aspects / diving aspects / physiology aspects .... - those other aspects - dang - they are scary!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom