My personal fin shootout - X-stream, Slingshot and Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Novas, I have had them since last summer, put 40+ dives on them...Indeed the frog kick is strange to do so I do a modified version of it... but it works!

I'm not really liking my pair of Nova... The positive buoyancy of them is ruining my trim! I always found my legs floating above my waist. And I didn't found yet the correct kick rhythm to use, cause it really makes me tired. I'll try the longer and slower like some of you suggested, but the buoyancy will still push my buttons. What can I do? Thanks!

I use to use ankle weights to get some weight off my belt when hiking to and from the water.

They tended to flop around when surface kicking, did not notice underwater. Try borrowing some to try out.

I have oceanic V12s whic have served me for 5 years but I am getting mares xtreme for xmas, my question is, as the mares are more buoyant, I assume I need to compensation with more weight? I already carry 26lbs (I am a natural cork) so I really can't manage much more on land.. Are they that much more buoyant or can I get away with only a little trim weight.. (I know this is a old thread but thought someone may have done this change over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom