My Nitrox Stick build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recycle it where? Do you mean put it back into the first stage? I'll have to look at the plumbing since I haven't paid that much attention to oiled compressors in a while since I use Rix pumps.
Yes

recycle it where? Do you mean put it back into the first stage? I'll have to look at the plumbing since I haven't paid that much attention to oiled compressors in a while since I use Rix pumps.

That's why they are called High Pressure Air Compresors and not Breathing Air Compressors. or Breathing Gas Compressors.

A spec analysis of the "cooked" lubricant after blow-by from running He across the heads is something best left alone and not talked about among recreational scuba divers. We did discuss this a long time ago here when folk were entraining nitrox into coltri air compressor the list of compounds best not breathed in upset a lot of people. Now a days best to leave them ignorant of the risks and just come to terms that folk get cancer and others die in ignorance.

What break down compounds you dont cheak for you will never know is the present industry take on the matter. The scuba industry keeps it simple testing only for CO CO2 water vapour and oil. Read the label they are all oil lubricated air compressors nothing more, What you dont know you wont miss. Besides you run Oil free and oil less.

That's why they are called High Pressure Air Compresors and not Breathing Air Compressors. or Breathing Gas Compressors.

A spec analysis of the "cooked" lubricant after blow-by from running He across the heads is something best left alone and not talked about among recreational scuba divers. We did discuss this a long time ago here when folk were entraining nitrox into coltri air compressor the list of compounds best not breathed in upset a lot of people. Now a days best to leave them ignorant of the risks and just come to terms that folk get cancer and others die in ignorance.

What break down compounds you dont cheak for you will never know is the present industry take on the matter. The scuba industry keeps it simple testing only for CO CO2 water vapour and oil. Read the label they are all oil lubricated air compressors nothing more, What you dont know you wont miss. Besides you run Oil free and oil less.

Can you translate into proper English please?

But in fact, the blowby does go into the intake, correct?

But in fact, the blowby does go into the intake, correct?

Eventually............... after its blown around the crankcase collecting cooked oil and muck.

Unless its a breathing gas compressor then the crankcase is separated from the piston and blow-by is contained by a distance piece with oil packing at the lower end to separate the oil components (crankcase and guide cylinder) and gas packing at the upper effectively separating the oily bottom end sump from the upper clean gas parts. Allowing the hot gas or blow-by to be ported back into the 1st stage inlet safety without the hot gas contaminating with oil and cooking it

A hot gas is OK just not when its mixed with oil its the oil cooking under the heat and pressure that causes premature oil breakdown overheating creating these really nasty compounds you get from high pressure scuba air compressors

Can you translate into proper English please?

Best English translation I can do dude, if it helps I do Russian fluent, a little German and a little more French.
But if you cant keep up I can always explain in depth LOL

Eventually............... after its blown around the crankcase collecting cooked oil and muck.

Unless its a breathing gas compressor then the crankcase is separated from the piston and blow-by is contained by a distance piece with oil packing at the lower end to separate the oil components (crankcase and guide cylinder) and gas packing at the upper effectively separating the oily bottom end sump from the upper clean gas parts. Allowing the hot gas or blow-by to be ported back into the 1st stage inlet safety without the hot gas contaminating with oil and cooking it

A hot gas is OK just not when its mixed with oil its the oil cooking under the heat and pressure that causes premature oil breakdown overheating creating these really nasty compounds you get from high pressure scuba air compressors
So a K14 has a separator and doesn't let the oily gas from the crankcase into the first stage?

I am going to show my ignorance here, and am ready to be ridiculed:). Why would you want to recycle blow by in an air compressor. Why not just vent it. I can understand why you would in a internal combustion engine, where the blow by contains unburnt fuel, as well as other noxious gases, and is a pollution problem, but isn’t the blow by in an air compressor just air ?

I am going to show my ignorance here, and am ready to be ridiculed:). Why would you want to recycle blow by in an air compressor. Why not just vent it. I can understand why you would in a internal combustion engine, where the blow by contains unburnt fuel, as well as other noxious gases, and is a pollution problem, but isn’t the blow by in an air compressor just air ?

the oil vapor lubricates the valves and top of the pistons.

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom