My *new* wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a wing to stick on my plastic backpack for diving with my old steel 72s.

I've been diving it without a wing which works just fine... but I wanted a wing.

Still, I couldn't bring myself to pay money for a new one... this is my jump in a puddle rig.

And then I remembered...

I used to have one in the loft above my shop! An old yellow Sea Quest.

But I had given it to a friend years back.

And he had gotten sidetracked with family obligations and quit diving.

Hmmmm.... a phone call later and I had my wing back.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
if you needed something more authentic
That's not a wing, Ben... that's an inflatable bib. :D

Actually I would like something a little smaller... but this'll do.

This picture shows the harness and reg set up... and the suit dryer I copied from Dave Dalton.

That was among one of the first threads I remember following - I remember thinking there are a lot of twisted, mad scientists on this board....I may hang out for awhile.

I remember that thread...too funny. so THAT's the device.

k

You need to be diving that rig in the Carib, UP!

And speaking of Mr. Dalton, I'm impressed with your execution of the drysuit de-humidifier. Next week, I'm going to try my luck with his
do it yourself DIR knife and sheath.

I dunno if Rivets are DIR (!)

I did the same thing....but I got a low budg 3 pack for $2.98 from the grocery store.

http://www.pbase.com/image/12608516/medium

My "knife" was lost on my bogus trip this weekend, and you know...who cares? I scored, snapped and filed off (on the sidewalk) another one.

I would have been pretty miffed if I lost a knife I invested more than $1.03 in.....

:)

K

Just to confirm, your knives do have the Betty Crocker seal of approval, right? :wink:

Mo2vation once bubbled...
I dunno if Rivets are DIR (!)

I did the same thing....but I got a low budg 3 pack for $2.98 from the grocery store.

http://www.pbase.com/image/12608516/medium

My "knife" was lost on my bogus trip this weekend, and you know...who cares? I scored, snapped and filed off (on the sidewalk) another one.

I would have been pretty miffed if I lost a knife I invested more than $1.03 in.....

:)

K

It is with great shame that I must confess, I didn't (*gasp*) look at the label, but only looked at the price.

Next time, after I lose the remaing $2.06 of my investment into the abyss, I will shop more carefully and stick with only the approved device.

Thanks for setting me straight, Gearhead. You're a giver.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom