My *new* wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a taker too, Mo2vation! I think I'll borrow your sidewalk-metal-file idea from above. :D So thank you for saving me a few bucks at the hardware store. :)

Mo2vation once bubbled...
It is with great shame that I must confess, I didn't (*gasp*) look at the label, but only looked at the price.

Next time, after I lose the remaing $2.06 of my investment into the abyss, I will shop more carefully and stick with only the approved device.

Thanks for setting me straight, Gearhead. You're a giver.

K

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

That's not a wing, Ben... that's an inflatable bib. :D

Actually I would like something a little smaller... but this'll do.

This picture shows the harness and reg set up... and the suit dryer I copied from Dave Dalton.

Nice job on the suit dryer UP! What are the fittings that angle down at 45 degrees off of each cross connector?

Dave D

.............. An old yellow Sea Quest.

Man, now THAT is purdy!!:D

Mo2vation once bubbled...
I dunno if Rivets are DIR (!)

I did the same thing....but I got a low budg 3 pack for $2.98 from the grocery store.

The knife with rivets was chosen because the blade goes all the way through the handle. Some of the molded knife handles only portrude 1/2" or less into the handle and have reportedly fallen off at an oportune moments.

So you see, that DIR seal of approval was earned! I consulted with with Betty Crocker for countless hours on this project. And you might not be aware of it but she used to work as a CE (culinary engineer) for the US Navy SpeC Ops (Special Culinary Operations) and designed countless impliments of slicing, dicing chopping! :rolleyes:

Dave D

That wing is about the same size and shape as the Seatec wing available from Lloyd Bailey's. I understand your desire for something smaller. Too bad there really is nothing like that easily available in the US.

two quick questions?

1. UP, can you take a picture of how that wing mounts to the plastic backplate for me? something I have been wondering for a while...

2. where can I find a diagram of that suit dryer?? that looks cool! LOL

dmdalton once bubbled...

Uh, oh, you mean the Trilaminate Moisture Extraction Device!

Here ya go:

http://home.earthlink.net/~toddclagett/NovaTech/drysuitdryer.htm

Dave D
I am just glad UP doesn't live here too...having one handy evil genius is plenty...no telling what the two of you would build if you worked together... *shiver*

What you don't see in the picture is that every time he finishes one of these projects he puts his pinky at the corner of his mouth and goes, "muahahah ahhaha hahaha"

I have been looking for a wing to stick on my plastic backpack for diving with my old steel 72s.

Hmmmm.... a phone call later and I had my wing back.

That thing sure looks "PUGLY"

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
That thing sure looks "PUGLY"

I think it looks quite "purdy," kind of reminds me of the circus...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom