My new toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smfcpacfp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We get 20 to 30 feet of snow in the winter, also has front end loader and pallet arms:
Kabota%20B3030%20HBSC%20tractor.jpg

Old one which worked well 90% of the time:
Yamaha%20Snow%20blower.jpg

Nice looking tractor.
Gotta love great lakes winters:D
Luckilly I have a fairly small driveway & my push blower works well.

That white stuff looks kinda familiar? Maybe if you melted a lot of it into a big depression or small canyon and heated it up about 50 degrees maybe it would be useful? Maybe for diving? Or am I just dreaming?

:rofl3:

sorry - but living where such a thing is needed is nuts!

i liked the little one... it looks cute :multi:

:rofl3:

sorry - but living where such a thing is needed is nuts!

i liked the little one... it looks cute :multi:
It is hard to explain to someone who has never been in climate as varied as ours why we love it here. We can ski (downhill and cross country) snowshoe, and snowmobile for 4 months a year. I will be retiring in a few months and people ask me if I plan to move to a warmer climate and I tell them there is no place on earth where I would rather live, and I have travelled very widely.

I do travel to warm locales fairly regularly (3 weeks in Fiji starting on Christmas day, a week in the Cayman Islands in March, 3 weeks in South Africa in June/July, 2 weeks in the Socorro Island chain next November/December). Our summers are idyllic here. The Spring is the least desirable season (it takes a long time for 25 feet of compressed snow to melt).

Scuba diving in Lake Superior is fantastic, but not for whimps. It rarely gets into the 60's near the surface and in the low 40's down deep. You should come here sometime in the summer and give your drysuit a workout!:)

Below is a picture of my house in February, about 2/3 of the way through our winter:

House%20midwinter.jpg

I gave the tractor its first workout last night and today. Some pictures are below. Here in Sands Township in the UP of Michigan, the prediction for this week is continuous snow high in the 20's low in the teens. Pictures should be more impressive by weeks's end.

On a brighter note, three weeks until I leave for three weeks in Fiji.

Kubota%20B3030HSDC%20snowblowing.jpg

Kubota%20B3030HSDC%20snowblowing2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom