My New Internet GF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I failed to mention that she said she was in New York, and when I asked in an IM chat why the email came from Afirca, she denied it.
Congrats DD! being from Nigeria and not bangkok increases the chances that shes a gal and not a fella!
I really doubt that.

Anytime I receive a friendly message from a hottie younger than my daughter, my antennas pop up and I want to save time in dealing with the messages - while I'm also careful to be courteous until I prove beyond any doubt that I'm dealing with a lying, stealing, scum of the internet. I know the MO well now after a few runs ins, so I feel I can safely presume the stealing part without having to wait for the sting.

Oh BTW, I never, ever send money to anyone I know online. I wouldn't send money to any of you, and certainly not to a young hottie stranded in Africa dying to come meet me.

No if these scammers ever learn that Aol is free and how to use it, it won't be so easy. Aol Emails sent while logged in - not from Aim or Aol.com - do not include Details.

A few have messaged me admitting up from to being in Nigeria. I don't even answer them before blocking.

Ask to see her on cam.
Yeah, if they don't have any other pics to email, that's the other option. If they don't have one, that's it. One hit me up for $150 then to buy one = poof.

And one did have one, and she is indeed a lovely young lady in the Philippines - or a good facsimile. She was looking for a fast hubby, tho - and I'm just not the mail order bride kind.

almitywife:
Congrats DD! being from Nigeria and not bangkok increases the chances that shes a gal and not a fella!

maybe she has a sister for Dr Bill

aaah... Almity! I just sat down with a cup of fresh coffee when I read that... gah, gotta head back to the pantry for another cup and some paper towels! :rofl3:

I didn't think AOL was free

pir8:
I didn't think AOL was free
Yep, if you get your service from another provider. Dial-up service in the US was lowered to $10 a month. I do not know what they charge when they furnish the cable.

There was a story on the news a few years back that Nigeria is a hotbed for internet crime. Some of the most successful scammers make over six figures a year in a country where the average person is probably in the single digits.

My take on this is that the scammer probably hacked a mail order bride site and is using the images and then pretending to be the woman. The woman looks to me to be a Filipina not a Nigerian. Does she say where she is from?

If she is from the Philippines then I would ask for her phone number. They all have cells and receiving calls on them are free, unlike in the USA.

Oh yeah, I get these from Nigeria and neighboring countries several times a week. A single guy my age is a prime target. I take a little joy in exposing them quickly and having their Myspace account deleted. They can start a new one, but the new ones are not as effective. This one has several friends listed when she got deleted.

That just makes it tough on us looking for legit wives from Nigeria!

another problem with the photos is that the facial features dont match up at all plus the features arent africian they are more SE asia/pacific.

you got to love scammers there getting a little smarter but not by much

So far, all mine have had Yahoo mail boxes, so it's very easy to expose them if I can get them to send a mail to my Aol addy. I couldn't find Details on mail to my Yahoo addy, but I hardly use it so that could be Operator error.

I got another message today from one who said she was in Ghana. That's an instant block for me, no reply needed. I am sure that there are honest people in West Africa with computers, but they have to accept that they will be viewed with extreme skepticism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom