My "new" independent doubles setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your as much fun as a broken easy out!! :)

And when that easy out breaks off in a titanium bolt that is galled into another part on a jet engine that cost as much as a subdivision full of nice homes and you watch your boss hair turn grey and fall out on the floor, yeah, that is fun. Fortunately I was not generally the one that broke it off, I was the one they called to get it out. I got this boss man, no worries. I still got my hair.

I may have to use that.

N

And when that easy out breaks off in a titanium bolt that is galled into another part on a jet engine that cost as much as a subdivision full of nice homes and you watch your boss hair turn grey and fall out on the floor, yeah, that is fun. Fortunately I was not generally the one that broke it off, I was the one they called to get it out. I got this boss man, no worries. I still got my hair.

I may have to use that.

N
WoW! No thanks my car is about enough thank you!

Feel free to use it! A former boss used it to describe someone, "that SOB is as helpful as a broken easy out"! I modify it all the time. I laughed for days every time I thought about it! Enjoy!

WoW! No thanks my car is about enough thank you!

Feel free to use it! A former boss used it to describe someone, "that SOB is as helpful as a broken easy out"! I modify it all the time. I laughed for days every time I thought about it! Enjoy!
Was that someone you?

This AM I woke and checked the @#!@#$%%^&%#weather and found this:
Hurricane Watch
Start Friday, August 20, 5:10 AM EDT
End Friday, August 20, 1:30 PM EDT
Source: U.S. National Weather Service

Storm Surge Watch
Start Friday, August 20, 5:10 AM EDT
Source: U.S. National Weather Service

Tropical Cyclone Statement
Start Friday, August 20, 5:28 AM EDT
Source: U.S. National Weather S
ervice

I'm going to the range and burn some black powder F this weather!! Maybe Sept. will be better!

Here is the final configuration before the Alpha sea trial. The 2 swivels at the 5th LP ports were removed. The SPG hoses are swapped to the other port putting both HP swivels between the tanks/regulators. Both second stages now each sport a necklace, the AIR's is shorter while the 109's is longer. Since this configuration is intended mainly for solo diving the only donation would be self donation, so having both necklaced seems reasonable.
DSCN2923.JPG

This is the non-ditchable weight holder I've wanted to make for sometime. At 500psi these are like corks. They are almost not useable with a dry suit for the weight required. But for warmer water like we had before Henri they are good.
nonditchableweightholderDIY.JPG

I have a question, no time though until later. How do put it on

I mount it on the B/P. Look under the AIR you'll see a threaded rod w/ a wing nut 2" below the lowest cam strap you'll see another. The wing would just hide everything so like the 1st pictures sans wing.

I mount it on the B/P. Look under the AIR you'll see a threaded rod w/ a wing nut 2" below the lowest cam strap you'll see another. The wing would just hide everything so like the 1st pictures sans wing.
I meant the long duel hoses, seems like getting the duel hoses under your arms would be a pain

I meant the long duel hoses, seems like getting the duel hoses under your arms would be a pain

I've given that some thought what I envision is, stand the tanks up as usual sit down while putting the AIR over my head until it rests in my lap. Then don the wing as usual, put the necklaces on, standup and the hoses should be under my arms. At least that's what I envision and as I've heard said if you can imagine it you can do it. Most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom