My new G250Vs and ramblings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....nah, it's back in the closet with a fresh zip tie.

You know, the only advantage I've seen with the V over the classic G250 is the seat saver purge button. How about the rest of you guys? Have you found any other improvements in the V over the standard G250? ....oh, I just thought of one-it does not need the PIA spring clip to hold in the flow vane.

Still have no idea how to fix a non-free-flowing G250. :-(

I like your vane test idea makes sense. If only I had air.

...back from the la-boar-a-tory.
I experimented again with a full tank. G250V hooked up to a MK2 with IP of 135psi, mouthpiece removed. I adjusted the breathing effort knob to several different positions and found that the direction of the crescent on the VIVA vane made zero difference.

@buddhasummer Yes, my G250V has a blue exhaust valve. :) Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you think your exhaust valve is the culprit. :gas:

Added to naughty list.

....nah, it's back in the closet with a fresh zip tie.

You know, the only advantage I've seen with the V over the classic G250 is the seat saver purge button. How about the rest of you guys? Have you found any other improvements in the V over the standard G250? ....oh, I just thought of one-it does not need the PIA spring clip to hold in the flow vane.

Agree, the only thing I like over a converted/updated G250 is seat saver. Performance wise, identical.

Swapped from working reg lever, spring poppet, chamber still no go. Next put all parts back in working reg tested still good. Next popped out the complete air barrel and swapped still no go. Next reinstall air barrel back in working reg and poop it no longer works... the only thing I’m thinking why is because I’m down to 300 psi on the tank, IP drops below 100 on purge. Now I’m truly done unless I can convince the kids to come over and take my tanks for a fill. :-(

I have a tank sitting at home with about 180 bar in it, I'll play till I run out of air, although I suspect it's an exercise in futility and is just down to parts anomaly, spec or where the moon is currently situated.

Had two free flowing with .216, swapped to .218 no free flow, returned original parts to previously functioning G250Vs then one stops free flowing, exact same parts, exact same specs, makes no sense.

I will but try though.

I'll post back tomorrow and failing any definitive results/findings I'll give up.

I have a tank sitting at home with about 180 bar in it, I'll play till I run out of air, although I suspect it's an exercise in futility and is just down to parts anomaly, spec or where the moon is currently situated.

Had two free flowing with .216, swapped to .218 no free flow, returned original parts to previously functioning G250Vs then one stops free flowing, exact same parts, exact same specs, makes no sense.

I will but try though.

I'll post back tomorrow and failing any definitive results/findings I'll give up.
Your OCD you’ll never give up. :)

Back
Top Bottom