My new dive Boat the ThunderFish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer:
That's too bad. Think you'll be able to make do with just two boats?

If not, NOAA is planning to decommission the R/V Albatross IV sometime around the end of this year. Its a pretty nice 200 footer and it even has a dive locker with a compressor. I bet you could snag it for only around a million at auction. :D

http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/albatross4/index.html

Keep looking for me Chirs, 200' is a little on the small side. Hey Sat doesnt look to bad let me know if you and Ed want to get out.

DWJ:
I hear Capt. Palmer is going to keep the thunderfish in Mystic this year.
I look back now fondly to the days of Billy blowing smoke from some real faul cigars at me and commenting on the three pill sea ahead.

I eventualy got off of his boats and go out with Hans now. The price is right and he can dive just about ant day of the week. Its nice to be the only guy on the U-boat when doing photos.

But both Billy and Hans are not quite DIR, so many will never make it out with them. The DIR guys will say both Billy and Hans are death waiting to happen, but its been waiting to happen since the 70's for both of them.

One fin:
Keep looking for me Chirs, 200' is a little on the small side. Hey Sat doesnt look to bad let me know if you and Ed want to get out.

Ed's wedding is Saturday, so I have a hunch he isn't available.....

In fact, this will be the first dive Ed has to pass up on account of getting married! See Ed, I told you this would happen! Marriage=No more diving for you! :D

Hmm, I am invited to the wedding but I wonder if I could get away with sending some guy in my place with a bag over his head that has a picture of my face glued to it so that I can still go diving?

RIOceanographer:
Ed's wedding is Saturday, so I have a hunch he isn't available.....

In fact, this will be the first dive Ed has to pass up on account of getting married! See Ed, I told you this would happen! Marriage=No more diving for you! :D

Hmm, I am invited to the wedding but I wonder if I could get away with sending some guy in my place with a bag over his head that has a picture of my face glued to it so that I can still go diving?

Good luck Ed and Chris dont drink to much:D Hey Ed now that your getting married and wont be diving any more do you want to sell your camera.:rofl3: Post some pics of the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom