My mistake in buying online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well done Ratherbefishing

Well, I went to Lowe's today and picked up a set of SAE hex wrenches that, like someone suggested, fold out like a Swiss Army Knife. I figure that can be easily thrown into my reg. bag and could be handy for any last-minute switches necessary. I already have a good adjustable wrench. With the advice on here about the LP and HP ports (which, as someone pointed out, the diameters were completely different), and my past experience with how people always have the things spaced around the first stage, I got it. I'm pretty proud. :D

Thanks everybody.

I'm going to follow the steps on that regulator checklist, and maybe even rent a tank over the weekend to hook it to and see how it breathes in my bathtub. :dork2:

Are you going to enter the bathtub dive in your logbook? You've got to at least take some photos. That way, if things go horribly wrong, the medical examiners will have some evidence for their investigation.

Hi ratherbefishin- Go on scubatoys.com and they sell a folding scuba tool, it does a good job. It is like a swiss army knife. You really should take the regs in and ask if they will show you how to put them on. Knowing the correct tightness is very important. Also they may have the tool there. I bought mine at my lds. I did not buy my regs there. they service them and I try to buy stuff there. Ask them what type of save a dive kit you should have. Also there are lots of thread on diver too kits here. I have one that I travel with, has saved the day several times. have fun collecting. By kit I mean stuff that I need to quick service my gear. I did not buy a kit that was all put together They are available

I have one of those SCUBA tools. The allen wrench and screw drivers are useful, but I found that the open end wrench attachments are too thin to use effectively on most hose fittings. I still reccoment a good adjustable wrench or open end wrench to work with hose fittings.

I for one don't care much for the scuba tools- I own 2 of them. They are OK in a pinch but the wrenchs are very poorly designed and if your hoses are too tight you can do a good bit of damage to the hose ends if you are not very careful. A good set of allen wrenches, a good quality adjustable wrench and a multi bit screw driver are better investments.

I have one of the scuba tools, I was trying to chase hoses on my pony reg and stripped the heck out of the hose - good thing I was replacing it anyway with a longer hose as I think I made it useless. A adjustible wrench is much better when removing the second stage.

To make an IP guage, all you need is an old LP hose, cut it off about a foot above the threaded section. Go to Lowes or similar and get a gauge that reads to about 200 psi, usually in the air tools section. Then go over to the plumbing isle and get the brass NPT fittings, to adapt a barb for the LP hose to the guage. Use a stainless hose clamp to secure the hose to the barb. Now you have an IP guage.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom