My longest dives to date, and why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bladephotog:
My outlook is good. I should easily recover to dive again but it won't be this year. Because of the intense treatment I got I'll be out of the water for at least 6 months. The real lesson learned is listen to your body and don't deny the symptoms. The DAN medic said they have a joke that denial is one of the symptoms of DCI. I think he's right.
Wow, I recently had a similar experience where I took a hit after a very conservative deco profile.
Why six months though? Did you DR impose that time or did you decide it yourself?

wedivebc:
Wow, I recently had a similar experience where I took a hit after a very conservative deco profile.
Why six months though? Did you DR impose that time or did you decide it yourself?

One hyperbaric doc who treated me said 3 months from accident. The DAN medic I was dealing with, who was great BTW, said they recommend 4-8 weeks after symptoms pass but that I should listen to the hyperbaric doctors. The final hperbaric doc that treated me said six months. His reason was that since, I didn't respond well to the treatment, spending a total of about 18 1/2 hours in the chamber over the course of three treatments, I should take six months off at least. And while that's not what I'd like to hear I'll follow his recommendation to be safe.

Either way, three months or six months puts me into winter around here so I might as well take the full six months off.

bladephotog:
. The final hperbaric doc that treated me said six months. His reason was that since, I didn't respond well to the treatment, spending a total of about 18 1/2 hours in the chamber over the course of three treatments, I should take six months off at least. And while that's not what I'd like to hear I'll follow his recommendation to be safe.

Wow thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom