My LDS will no longer rent regs with mouthpiece.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ah, restaurant cutlery is shared, isn't it? Supposed to be washed but otherwise shared with everyone who ever ate there, interrupted by occasional washings.

I always check my cutlery at a restaurant and have on occasion sent it back for "cleaner" stuff. How about surgical instruments? There is this nasty little bug called a "prion" that can not be cleaned even from metal. In humans it is responsible for Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD), variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), Gerstmann–Sträussler–Scheinker syndrome, Fatal Familial Insomnia and kuru. Often times these diseases are misdiagnosed for Dementia or Alzheimers. But once again I don't think any cases have been contributed to sharing a regulator. B.

Though I've never rented a set of regs it sounds like a good idea. I don't want something that's been stuck in someone's mouth and sucked on for a couple hours.

Sorry I missed this thread when it first came out.

I sat through an entire week of an SSI course on marketing scuba gear for maximum profit. One point was that they could sell mouthpieces by refusing to rent gear with mouthpieces. They were told to put up a sign that said, "For obvious reasons...."

Sorry I missed this thread when it first came out.

I sat through an entire week of an SSI course on marketing scuba gear for maximum profit. One point was that they could sell mouthpieces by refusing to rent gear with mouthpieces. They were told to put up a sign that said, "For obvious reasons...."

But it is still nice to know that they are so concerned with our well-being.

But it is still nice to know that they are so concerned with our well-being.

...which is exactly what he said they would think. Two wins in one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom