My Head is Spinning! Need Help Picking A Regulator!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slater

Contributor
Reaction score
Total newbie to scuba & mostly diving San Diego coast on a regular basis.
My head is spinning with all the options out there & not really knowing much about the different brands & how the individual regs perform / breath, im sure one stands out above the rest...
Atomic B2 or maybe just a Z2?
Aqualung Legend
Oceanic 4.2 / FX 10
Apek XTX 50-200

Any less expensive ones that I should be looking at that would not dissapoint?
Thanks for any insight that may help me decide...

Welcome to da board. You will get lots of answers ... which will probably confuse you even more. That said the last time I went through the buying angst we settled on Atomic Z2s. We liked their simplicity and streamlined second stage.

Its really hard to go wrong with atomic. As long as service is locally available id say to go with them, if your diving cold or dirty go with an b2 or sealed z2 otherwise, basic z2 will be great. Or look just that much cooler and get an m1 or t2x :-D

Take a good look at the Aqualung Titan LX. Consistently rated as a top breather in tests, but at a price that won't break the bank, leaving some extra money for other scuba goodies!! Highly recommended.

Welcome to da board. You will get lots of answers ... which will probably confuse you even more. That said the last time I went through the buying angst we settled on Atomic Z2s. We liked their simplicity and streamlined second stage.

Thx, I really like the light weight & streamline design of the Atomcs also..
Then again a Atomic service kit is $60 & then labor another $60= $120
Aqualung free parts....:(
Keep the advice coming please.
Any site / link recommendations where I can see performance / comparison tests of the Aqualung Titan Lx & compare to the other regs im considering???

Last edited:
Will you be travelling much? We're very happy with our Aqualung Mikron, it's lightweight and works well.

I have 2 mk25 and g250's and couldn't be happier. If I would have known about the atomics at the time it might be different. I always hear great things about atomic from fellow cave divers. They say their craftsmanship is superior.

Almost anything will work well. As mentioned, the aqualung titan is a perennial best buy. Scubapro MK11 with the new C300 (I think that's the number, its a new model) looks very interesting for a good mid-priced reg. Don't spend a fortune, you won't even be able to tell the difference between a top-end and mid-range reg in the water.

HOG D-1 or Edge Epic cold. Either reg will serve you very well. Proven designs, will not empty your wallet, 2 year rebuild interval, kits are readily available, and although the HOG is only available in DIN a singles kit comes with the 1st, 2 identical seconds, hoses, adapter, and I can add an spg for you and you'll be right around 500 bucks for a complete reg set. Not just a single first and second stage with a hose that may be the wrong length. The Epic would be in the same range.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom