My Grandson Has Gallbladder Disease...?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I had mine removed in my late 20s for a pylop. That was back in the days of even fattier foods than are common now - Mexican food was cooked with Lard, and it was pretty disabling at times - even for a few years following when I ate Mexican or pork ribs until my body adjusted.

It was almost unheard then for a male that young to have his out, but it helped so much that my then-wife had hers removed for stones, then my mom did. I'm sure that they needed theirs removed, too - just a random grouping thing. We were an odd looking couple at the lake that summer, as they used huge incisions that left 6" scars in those days.

My 13 yo grandson has been having some abdominal pains lately, and we didn't know if it was teen/puberty related stress, or something organic he's been thru a long list of tests - even ruling out brain cancer, always good not to have. And they finally found a malfunction there. Odd, but good to have the problem identified and a solution lined up for new week. Good that they can do the testing out patient now and a much less invasive surgery with kinder anesthesia that 30 years ago. We'll have to compare scars - want pics? :11:

You know, before this summer I'd had one friend who had issues with that lil peice of squiggle in the body... now.... I've lost track!

Prayers and wishes to your grandson Don!

Thanks y'all. We're looking for the best, with improved procedures and chemicals...

Appreciate the good wishes...

All the best to your grandson, Don. I hope there are no complications.

Hope he recovers fast, Don. I bet he will. Don't they do all this through a scope now?

he may not even have much of a scar, hopefully.

He's out of surgery and in Recovery, gonna spend one night at Children's Hospital. All went fine. Thanks for your kind regards. :thumb:

Sorry to hear that, Don. Best fishes to him for a successful operation and speedy recovery.

Glad to hear all went well! He'll bounce back quickly I'm sure!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom