My friend took a bad hit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss:
Any news on your friend?

Yes, actually.Thanks for asking. I spoke with Paul about 5 hours ago, he had just arrived home after being released from the hospital. He said he feels like he just got his (butt) kicked. He is walking, and apparently has no permanent disability. He still has more treatments to do, but he is so gassy they made him leave the facility until the next one. Just jokin. He bothered them into releasing him because he hates hospitals. Anyway, he seems to be okay and is home just in time for a very horrible hurricane.

That's wonderful news, thanks for the update.

Scubakevdm:
Yes, actually.Thanks for asking. I spoke with Paul about 5 hours ago, he had just arrived home after being released from the hospital. He said he feels like he just got his (butt) kicked. He is walking, and apparently has no permanent disability. He still has more treatments to do, but he is so gassy they made him leave the facility until the next one. Just jokin. He bothered them into releasing him because he hates hospitals. Anyway, he seems to be okay and is home just in time for a very horrible hurricane.

Great to hear he's coming around okay. Sure sounds like a body intended to stay at sea level. Sorry luck. I'm sure you feel a lot better, too.

Scubakevdm:

Hey Kev,
Thanks for the report.Kudos on being such a great buddy. Glad to hear your friend is doing well. You need to take it a little easy on your next dive too. After such an event the rescuer can be quite stressed, a fact that is often forgotten. This stress can carry over to the next dive, which can cause small problems to become big problems.

Good luck with the Huricanne. I had the "fun" of getting evacuated for Charlie. Hopefully this one gets blown off course and isn't as bad as they are predicting. Not a good summer to be living in Florida.

Polly

Kev,

Thanks for the update on Paul... thank goodness it does not seem to be a permanent disability. I agree with Paul, a hospital is a terrible place to be. Too many sick people there.

I hope both of you fare well during the hurricane. There are always guest rooms available for fellow divers here on the West Coast, if you need it!

Take care,

Jennifer

Kevin,

That's great news to hear.
Sending good thoughts for a complete recovery.
Take care,
Mike

Great news! Wish him a speedy recovery!

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident. I wish your friend the best and that he recovers quickly. You showed the signs of a great dive buddy - you were right there for him and helped him out when he could no longer help himself. It's a good thing too.
Tell him that all of us here at SB wish him the best.

I have been bent too and although mine was mild I can tell you it leaves you with a strange feeling of uncertainty. When your body is telling you no diving but you can only think of how much you love to dive, it is a bummer. He was lucky to have you there for the quick thinking and treatment. Keep us posted. Hal

Back
Top Bottom