My first wet suit - fitment issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where will you dive? In California a wet suit is the most important purchase you can make! Yes more important than regulator, bcd, fins, or that really cool dive knife! Why because if your not comfortable you wont dive! and all the cool gear will waste away in the corner of the garage! Go and get a custom wet suit ($500.00) plus or minus! Get a cheaper reg or bcd! All regs must meet a minimum standard and the simple ones are often better! Same with the BCD! But a good wet suite will alow you to dive year around in comfort and it will give you movement and comfort with out pinching one thing or letting water in somewhere else! And it will last longer as well because it fits right! Believe me it will be the best piece of dive gear you will ever buy!

I had the same problem but even worse than you in terms of size differential between shoulders/chest size versus waist size. If you're body is not an off-the-rack shape, you can get a custom wetsuit made for not much more than a nice off the rack wetsuit. That's what I did. I highly recommend JMJ wetsuit out of Torrance, CA. Best money I spent.

If you find you're a 'hard to fit', call Carolyn @ Liquidfit.com.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom