My first warm water experience - Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like your swimthrough on the East End was turtle pass great dive site. Have done it a couple of times nothing like popping out of the swim through into the great big blue.

Suprised at the surface swim at the Kittiwake the mooring balls are almost right on top of the wreck. Was it crowded?

B.

None of the diving was crowded in my opinion. The boat we were on for the kittiwake had about 14 total, I think. Plenty of space on the boat and around the wreck for all. The surface swim was longer as the mooring ball was anchored near the end of one of the chains (corner of the park limits, I guess). Normally, wouldn't be far at all. However, add to that the surf conditions during the storm and the length of the line between the boat and the ball, it suddenly is a bit further to swim.

Turtle Pass is correct. Great dive site. The other swim through we did at Babylon was even better. We entered in a completely vertical position on top of the reef. 20 yards later we exit horizontally on the wall face staring into pure blue! Loved it!!

The boat from about 65 feet down. We're used to losing sight of the boat in about 20 fsw. Me just swimming along and captain12pk (in the open blue water).

Attachments

• PICT0307.jpg
    PICT0307.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 38
  • PICT0048.jpg
    PICT0048.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Hanging over the abyss.jpg
    Hanging over the abyss.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 38
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back