My first reg!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
How much did the Mares part run you and what was the cost of your service?
If you don't mind me asking..

Just curious

I had my 1st stage and 2ndstage serviced by my LDS who is also a friend after so many years. The service cost me approximately
$90 in total. My friend charged me $25 for labour and the rest was for parts.

Wow, $65 just for parts.. damn
Now that is exorbitant...
To be honest though tzeyap I don't think that the typical cost for parts (at least I hope not).
Hmmm, thanks for the info though

It depends on the reg. The parts for conshelf's and the like are in that range. All the more reason to buy something that comes with a parts warranty.

Militant thanks for the info.
I'm not shipping it here though.
I'll be travelling to the states in the December/January time period and that's when I'll make my reg purchase.

The duties and customs applicable on a reg purchase if I had it shipped here would increase the total price (to me) substantially.

And I'm not having that :14:

Good point. Hope you get what you want!

Wow... that seems a bit high on parts. Something like a V16, you only need service every 2 years, and we do a deal where if we service it, it's 39.95 and parts are free for life... but even if you had to buy the parts, it's about $30. I don't know of any regs that run 65 for parts other than poseidon.

scubatoys:
... but even if you had to buy the parts, it's about $30. I don't know of any regs that run 65 for parts other than poseidon.

I am not sure that conshelf parts would be that cheap (first, and 2 second stages) Mind you I wouldn't buy the second stage kits as all you need is the seat and the o-rings are hardly worth the double the cost.
Although you are right, a completely overhauled conshelf shouldn't have to be touched again in less that two years other than adjustment. And the tool for that ! what a rip off....

MilitantMedic:
I'd go with an Apeks set-up, they are within your price range. You can order parts kits from Salvo. And they are very reliable, ask Rescue. Also considering your part of the world, you could just get a US4 and a TX40 (2) pretty cheap from scubastore..

Yes definetely, apeks are 100% reliable and they have a long standing reputation. If you cannot get them zeagle is damn near identical, and although the parts are available for apeks online, you don't need them if you are under warranty.

Conshelf parts are not that expensive. I don't order the parts for the shop but I am certain that first and second stage annual service kits for Conshelf and other Aqualung regs run in the $10.00-$12.00 range. So I would expect a total of $30-35 for parts - unless the dealer is marking them up about 100%. I know the shop I do service work for sells them at cost.

Mares sells their parts a little strangely. For example an annual service kit will not come with a seat - you have to order it separately which makes no sense at all.

DA can you get me a few rebuild kits for XIVs?? =)

"Yes definetely, apeks are 100% reliable and they have a long standing reputation. If you cannot get them zeagle is damn near identical, and although the parts are available for apeks online, you don't need them if you are under warranty." -Rescue

Yeah I'm using the Zeagle branded Apeks regs. (Older ones)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom