My first MEGALODON (VENICE BEACH) LOOK PIC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....all the way to Williamsburg when you found that tooth. Very nice find.

Congrats, Harvo!!

That's awesome!! You may just force me to get over my low-vis issues sooner than I thought!!

~Kris :)

That’s OUTSTANDING Harvo! That’s a braggin tooth for sure! Thanks for posting the picture and visibility info.
Brian

Im getting my regulator serviced. As soon as I get it back I will be hitting the beach to dive for more.

I will post when, if anyone is interested.

Harvo,

Great job on locating that tooth, looks awesome.

5' vis is wonderful compared to the 5" of vis we had last weekend at the party.

Wildbill:cop:

Were going to try and make it up there this Saturday on a boat and use a underwater camera. I figure once we hit a hot spot we will jump in.

Harvo once bubbled...
I went diving last Wednesday and found this Megalodon at the Alhambra site... If you found a Megalodon at Venice Beach let us know, when and the size.

The attached Teeth Pic has two teeth. The one on the left is from just off of Manasota Key (north). I found it in 1995 or 1996. The tooth on the right in the pic is from the Jacaranda Country Club Golf Course. It was found by my wife when the golf course was being built. Circa 1980 I suppose.

I’ve done many tooth dives over the years, but don’t know where the “Alhambra” site is located. There is one other tooth in our family collection, but that was found by my brother-in-law and he has it in Texas currently. I’d love to get pics of it since it must be at least 6 inches. I was unable to get my index fingers and thumbs to touch around that tooth (and I am a tall person with big hands). That monster was found ~1996 or 1997 off of Manasota in ~10 to 20 feet and was the only thing we found that whole day with approximately 2 hours of bottom time.

Fascinating, being new to archaeological dives, are there any sites along the Cal coast where artifacts are still found? Thanx in advance zeN

H20...Thanks for the pic's, I would love to see the big one you are talking about.

When you are talking about Manasota Key are you talking about englewood beach, Blind pass Beach or Manasota Beach???

The Alhambra site is at Venice Beach.
If you take Venice Ave heading to the beach, turn left on Harbor, 5 streets down turn right onto Alhambra. Take road to the end. You can park on the side of the street.

You have to go out to 17-20 ft. The sand turns into gravel.

Hope this helps.

I dove off Casperson Beach and had no luck. That is North of Manasota Key.

We took a boat out 8/23 and used a underwater camera found not teeth.

We dove at 33ft had 12 ft of vis. and still no teeth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom