My first drysuit - question about weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bp/w is not one size fits all. thats the point you adjust it to suit your body & exposure protection and you dont need to keep readjusting it.

Uhmmm... ok, not sure what part you don't understand.

One size is adjustable to fit all.

Point is they don't come in small, medium, and large... One size fits all:wink:

A given size is a constant set of dimensions - length, width, etc

If you adjust something, it is no longer one size, it is another size.

Hence I don't think that a bp/w is "one size". You adjust it, cut the webbing, it is no longer one size.

I think we are just arguing semantics here. It's not a big deal :)

There has been some great info here. I think one thing has been missed, suit squeeze.
If you get it in the wrong spot(ie the boys) you don't care if you come you right side up or upside down just as long as you go up. Because that little button will not put air in fast enough! As far as DCS from a fast ascent, you won't care about that either as long as the vice grip comes off.

Lol

Should use a box to protect the boys (a plastic cup/protector thingy that cricketers use to protect their nads).

I used about 24lb in a 7mm farmer john with the works (thick hood, gloves, etc.), diving a single LP85 in salt (also Norcal 50F). I think I might have been a tad overweighted with that.

In a drysuit with a thick undergarment, I'm just about right with ~32lb. 12LB on the bp + sta, 20lb on the weight belt. It all depends on the undergarment you use, if you layer it, if you like it lofted/squeezed, etc. I'm trying to drop 2, maybe as much as 4lb from that if possible, mainly so I can drop a little coated lead from the belt.

Well I got my back plate webbing done, I bought the dive rite transplate Harness due to ease at least at first, I just cannot figure out how to put on the dive rite Tran weight 32. I am still kind of worried about the cold beingthe water temperature is 40 degreesThe shop I bought my suit from said, it rarely gets below 50 degrees so I got the
DUI: Polartec® Power Stretch® 300 Jumpsuit
In addition, thinking I should have gotten something for my head other than the dry hood.
Will the liners for the dry gloves be enough?
I did get the Thinsulate™ Ultra 400 Boots.
So other than last minute going to wall mart , somewhere and finding some thermal underwear in this short time? Any other suggestions, especially about the head?

My instructor wears a beanie that snaps under her chin. I'm not sure but I think is made of wet suit material. I do know it is made for diving, but not sure how it may work under a dry hood.
You may be surprised 50 degrees isn't too bad.

I think we are just arguing semantics here. It's not a big deal :)

:smileysto

Agreed, hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom