My First Dive Computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

• I started with Navy tables in the 1960s in college, had a cool Seiko dive watch with the first-dive Navy NDLs on the wrist strap.
  • Got out of college and didn't dive for almost a decade, got serious as part of my job with a NAUI cert (my first cert) in 1082, used only Navy tables through 1986
  • Got a new job in a new non-seaside city, with a new wife, and didn't dive again for a decade.
  • Still on tables (PADI RDP and Wheel), until 1999; took a Nitrox class in May 1999, finally saw the advantages of a computer....
  • Bought an Aeris Savant in Sept 1999, just before a dive trip to Bermuda. Whoa! No turning back after that!
  • I don't know for sure how many/which computers I have owned since then but they include an Oceanic VersaPro, A DiveRite Nitek He, a DiveRite Plus, a DiverRite Duo, a Zeagle iN2itition (also a Seiko, like the DiveRite Trio), Petrel, Petrel 2, Perdix, Teric, Deep6 Excursion.
  • But the Wheel was great.
I think I had that same Seiko watch, at least a similar one. My Citizen watches from a bit later, still has the USN tables on the wristband.

Back
Top Bottom