My favorite dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEIDiver

Reaction score
Finally got down on one of my favorite dive sites with my cam today. The location is the wreck of the Tunstall on the North Shore of Prince Edward Island. The Tunstall was a steel steam ship that sunk in 1883 when it was trapped in heavy ice. The Tunstall was found in the early spring of 1983, 100 years to the day of it's sinking.

Good Job! Love those anamones.

Nice shots PEIdiver. Make me homesick. Are there a lot of wrecks/dive sites around the island?

Thanks guys.

Jiveturkey, unfortuanately there are not many wrecks around PEI that we can dive. Our water is pretty shallow and the winter ice grinds most stuff up pretty badly. This wreck is a couple miles off shore in about 70ft of water so it's safe.

Howerver, close by in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick there are a huge number of wrecks to dive, some which can be reached from shore.

Steve.

Whilst in Jamaica a while back - geez its been almost 10 years - I fell and my hand landed on the side of one. I had a spike sticking out of one of my fingers... ouch! They tried to remove it but it was a no go. They just trimmed it and let it disolve... apparently thats what you're supposed to do... either way it was kinda a cool souvenir from the trip...

Oh and nice pics too! :)

PEIDiver once bubbled...
Yet another, a perch. Gotta be carefull of these guys they like to nibble at any exposed flesh like lips or fingers.

looks more like a wrase than a perch.

here in the uk a perch has black, white and redish vertical stripes, real sharp spines down its dorsal fin and is a meat eater (i.e. other fish), and it is fresh water

Back
Top Bottom